- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- San Francisco
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects, in over 130 countries worldwide.
Our team is dynamic, innovative and client-focused, supported by an inclusive and fun company culture. Our clients value our proactive approach, depth of expertise, integrity and the quality we deliver. As a result our people get to enjoy working on some of the most exciting projects in the world.
Turner & Townsend are engaged to support our client with multiple complex data center projects around the globe. We are seeking a candidate who will be responsible for Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) and whole life costing analysis. The candidate will work with our client research, design and engineering team as the day-to-day interface with the client and drive this program to achieve an excellent outcome. You have a chance to be a key player in our technological future, as part of a team of innovative professionals shaping our built environment.
The TCO position will be focused on improving profitability and helping to deliver cost savings to our high-profile technology client over the whole life of the real estate asset. In addition, this associate will provide consultation and value-added solutions to internal stakeholders on TCO (Total Cost of Ownership) best practices, opportunities and initiatives.
Who are you?
You are a Cost Analyst with a minimum of 3 years relatable industry experience working with project total cost of ownership (TCO).
- Develop and implement strategies that help identify opportunities to achieve TCO goals.
- Produce financial models for the whole life costing of multiple global data center buildings.
- Analyzing existing cost data and producing benchmark information.
- Weekly reporting to the client.
- Reconciling actual costs against original estimates.
- Provide input into value engineering exercises.
- Providing support to the Program Leaders in managing program level data.
- Ensure QA/QC is being followed.
- Conduct background research, data collection and benchmarking against historical system data.
- Undertaking deep dive analysis of live data to identify outliers, trends, and calculate key performance measures.
- Analyzing projectperformance metrics and tracking action plans.
- Preparing written project communication materials including charts and presentation decks.
- Supporting the production of program level reports for Senior Management.
- Liaising with the client and project delivery managers to provide guidance on data management
- Respond to ad hoc requests for data and reports.
- Being a leader in document control policies and providing support to delivery teams.
- Tracking cost review and estimate requests as they are submitted by the client.
- Preparing documents as required by the team.
- Experience building financial models from scratch. Experience in whole life costing or total cost of ownership analysis preferred.
- Advanced in Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets.
- A minimum of 3 years post-graduate experience working in a deep dive cost analysis or data management role.
- College degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Computer Science or a related field.
- Great technology proficiency and experience with automation tools.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Drive to be proactive and self-motivated.
- Strong analytical skills and the tenacity and ambition inject value and create solutions.
- Ability to develop good working relationships with project teams.
- Experience with client specific systems.
- Good organization skills, ability to multi-task, prioritize, and be a team player.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Suite of applications, and excellent with spreadsheets, charts, and presentations.\
Turner & Townsend is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.Equal Employment Opportunity Posters If you’d like to view a copy of the company’s affirmative action plan, please emailrecruitmentUSA@turntown.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact the Human Resources Department at 713-457-9400 orrecruitmentUSA@turntown.com. This telephone line and email address is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a response.
- microsoft excel