- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
This is for an adjunct pool that will be used to staff part-time adjunct positions for the 2018-2019 academic years.
The successful candidate will be expected to provide counseling services and instruction in student development courses.
This assignment may include teaching at off-campus sites, day or evening classes, weekend classes, large classes, distance learning and multiple teaching methodologies.
Education and Experience MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS : Master’s in counseling, rehabilitation counseling, clinical psychology, counseling psychology, guidance counseling, educational counseling, social work, or career development, marriage and family therapy, or marriage, family and child counseling,
OR - The equivalent. Certain combinations of education, experience, and other accomplishments in the field may be judged as equal to the stated minimum qualifications for these positions. Candidates who feel they possess such equivalent qualifications must request and submit an APPLICATION FOR EQUIVALENCE form. Supporting documents must be included with the completed form.
(NOTE: A license as a Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT) is an alternative qualification for this discipline, pursuant to title 5, section 53410.1.)
AND - A demonstrated sensitivity to students with diverse academic, socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds and students with disabilities.
Note: Degrees and credits must be from accredited institutions (Title V Section 53406). Any degree from a country other than the United States, including Canada and Great Britain, must be evaluated by an evaluation service.
Note: The screening of candidates will be conducted by a screening committee. The screening committee reserves the right to limit the number of interviews granted. Meeting the minimum qualifications for a position does not assure the applicant of an interview. Knowledge and Abilities Knowledge and Abilities:
- Commitment to student learning.
- Awareness of the College mission, vision, and values.
- Sensitivity to students with a wide range of skills, motivations, and academic goals.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of computers and willingness to experiment using multimedia instructional materials.
- Commitment to working effectively and harmoniously with colleagues in an environment that promotes teaching, learning and service students. Salary Grade Special Instructions to Applicants
About the company