- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
At Centerstone, our mission is delivering care that changes people’s lives. For over 60 years, Centerstone has been providing community-based behavioral health care, substance-abuse treatment and intellectual and developmental disabilities services in Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky and Tennessee. We’re committed to bringing passionate and customer experience-focused individuals to help us continue to provide the best care to our communities. If you think you’re a good match to join our organization, please review the career opportunity below and submit your application. We look forward to hearing from you!
CENTERSTONE POSITION DESCRIPTION
Position Title: Counselor – Children’s Mental Health – Manatee School District - School schedule Job Code: 353
Position Summary: Work as a member of a collaborative team to provide screening, assessment and treatment (including individual, group & family) to treat children with mental health or co-occurring issues. Services will be provided in the Manatee schools. Formulate and implement solution-focused treatment plans. Work cooperatively with community agencies to implement services and link clients to available programs and community services. Collaborate with CPS and child welfare programs.
Minimum Qualifications: Master’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Counseling or related field. Competent clinical skills, clear communication skills and knowledge of community resources. Must have at least one year of experience working with children and adolescents.
Preferred Qualification: Registered Intern eligible.
Special Skills, Knowledge and Abilities: Competent clinical skills, ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing, ability to enter information into electronic medical records, effective time management skills. Must have at least one year of experience working with children and adolescents.
Essential Functions/Job Duties:
Develop therapeutic rapport with clients – Meet with clients as scheduled to aid in development of therapeutic relationships. Diagnostic Assessment – Formulate a provisional diagnostic assessment based on information presented, identify need for risk assessment. Concurrent Documentation – Completes documentation within 24 hours. Provide individual, family and group therapy to individuals for mental health and/or substance abuse disorders. Screenings – Complete screenings for depression, suicide, drug use, home assessment, etc. Treatment Planning – Developing, writing, implementing, evaluating and revising overall treatment goals/objectives and plans per ongoing assessment of needs and input from the individual using individual strengths. Therapeutic Interventions – Use of empirically based modalities to engage and manage their mental health or substance abuse diagnosis. Referrals – Complete, document and follow up on referrals. Discharge/close referrals – Discharge clients who successfully complete therapy services and those who fail to follow through. Other Related Duties – Peer Reviews, consultation, attend staffings, work with community partners, state reporting, follow contract policies and processes, state reporting, etc.
Work Environment/Physical Demands: This position operates in the Manatee schools. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to observe treatment environments and to use speech and hearing to interact with others in person, via telephone, using computer technology and in writing. Reasonable accommodations will be made as needed.
Position Type, Expected Hours of Work and Travel: This is a full time, hourly position. Days and hours of work follow the Manatee School district school schedule.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Employee Name (Print) Employee Signature Date
Centerstone is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Delivering Care that Changes People's Lives starts with our employees. As a Centerstone employee there are many perks to enjoy. Below are just some of the great benefits you might be eligible for with Centerstone.
- Health & Wellness
- Medical Coverage
- Dental Coverage
- Vision Coverage
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability - Company Paid
- Wellness Programs - Company Paid
- Financial Wellbeing
- Competitive Compensation Packages
- Life Insurance - Company Paid
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance - Company Paid
- 403b Retirement Plan with Company Funded Matching
- Retirement and Financial Planning Services
- Employee Discounts including Dell Computers, Verizon Wireless, Liberty Mutual, Costco, and Enterprise Rent-a-Car
- Loan Forgiveness options through federal programs (National Health Service Corps & Public Service Loan Forgiveness)
- Career Development and Growth
- At Centerstone training is one of our highest priorities. We provide company paid professional training for various skills, certifications, and continuing education
- Opportunities for growth and movement - We encourage our employees to consider new growth opportunities with us and have a 5 state footprint for those looking to relocate geographically
- Leadership Academy for our rising stars, supervisors, and leaders
- Centerstone Research Institute and Center for Clinical Excellence teach provide staff with industry best practices and processes
- Work Life Balance
- Paid Time Off - Generous PTO for Vacations, Illness, Personal Days, Etc. (Paid Holidays)
- Flexible Work Schedules to promote a Healthy Work Life Balance
- Employee Assistance Program - assists employees with personal problems and/or work-related problems that may impact their job performance, health, mental and emotional well-being
Centerstone is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, or protected veteran status.
About the company
Centerstone is a not-for-profit health care organization dedicated to delivering care that changes people’s lives. We provide mental health care, addiction treatment and community education in Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky and Tennessee.
Nationally, we have specialized programs for service members, veterans and their loved ones. Our research institute improves behavioral healthcare through research and technology, and our foundation secures philanthropic resources to support our work.