- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Overview Terros Health is pleased to share an exciting and rewarding opportunity for a Counselorworking at our Maverick House, in Glendale, AZ. Reporting to the Program Director, the ideal individual is flexible, compassionate and professional. If you enjoy working with individuals during some of the most vulnerable times of their lives this may be just the opportunity you’ve been seeking.
We are a healthcare company focused on the whole person, providing primary care and specializing in mental health and substance use treatment for the last 50 years.
We help people live their lives in recovery and we save lives every day.
The overall goals of Maverick House are to provide residential care with patient outcome goals that include overcoming the individual’s denial regarding the presence and impact of addiction in their lives, enhancing treatment acceptance and motivation, working to prevent continued use or relapse, achievement of a state of recovery and improved quality of life and integration with community. Are you ready to make a powerful difference in the lives of these individuals? Then join our team of caring professionals.
Terros Health exemplifies diversity and supporting an employee’s growth, while promoting a healthy work environment. Along with great benefits we offer the opportunity for you to grow in your career with Terros Health.
PLUS $1,000 Sign-On Bonus!
Responsibilities Terros Health is hiring a Full-Time Counselor for Maverick House, which is located in Glendale, AZ.
Position Hours - 2:00pm to 10pm (Monday- Friday)
No On Call
Licensed or Certified Behavioral Health Professional (BHP) – LAC, LPC, LAMFT, LMFT, LASAC, LISAC, LMSW, LCSW
Minimum of Two (2) Years Experience in Chemical Dependency Counseling
Offering Excellent Salary
Full Benefits, Including 401K and Generous PTO/PST (4+ weeks)
PLUS $1,000 Sign-On Bonus!
Counselor Duties Include:
- Group counseling, individual counseling, family therapy, case management, and support services
- Works in cooperation with other staff members to provide an environment conducive to healthy growth
- Responsible for the development of treatment plans (with assistance from the client) and other mandatory documentation in client records
- Maintains contact with referral sources and provides reports to these sources as necessary
- Provides group and individual counseling
- Provides case management to clients
Terros Health offers an excellent benefit package including, but not limited to:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Group life and disability insurance
- Employer matched 401(k)
- Generous PTO/paid sick leave (4+ weeks in year 1)
- Wellness and employee assistance plan
- Master’s degree, i.e., MA, MC, MSW, in a behavioral health field.
- Required - Licensed or Certified Behavioral Health Professional (BHP) – LAC, LPC, LAMFT, LMFT, LASAC, LISAC, LMSW, LCSW– in accordance with the Arizona Board of Behavioral Health guidelines and meet all current rules for performing clinical supervision as outlined by the ADHA guidelines.
- Minimum of two (2) years experience in chemical dependency counseling including working with family members.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task; high level of accuracy and attention to detail a must.
- Able to work independently and in a team atmosphere.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Word, Intermediate Excel, Outlook. Experience with NextGen preferred.
- Must have or obtain a valid Arizona Driver License, be (21 years of age) with a minimum 3 years driving experience. Must meet requirements of Terros driving policy.
- Must have a valid Arizona Fingerprint Clearance card (Level 1) or apply for an Arizona fingerprint clearance card within 7 working days of employment.
- Must pass a TB test.
Physical demands of this position are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Job ID: 2020-4306
- # of Openings: 2
- Category: Behavioral Health/Social Work
- Program: Maverick Residential
- Weekly Hours: 40
About the company