- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Inquiry calls and processing. Call triage, issue resolution, or escalation to an appropriate resource when required. Respond to live chat requests. Address / resolve customer complaints.
- The Tier 2 Unemployment Support Agent works under the direction of the Tier 3 Support Manager and in coordination with the designated state adjudication manager and state system integrator to rapidly identify and resolve where possible, or refer to a higher tier adjudication when appropriate, issues blocking a claim from being processed. In the case where the payment of a claim cannot be paid, assists the claimant in identifying a resolution or understanding the issues impeding such a payment. Specific duties expected of individuals in this role are: Triage unemployment and PUA claims inquiries.
- Fulfil incoming claimant inquiry calls to provide claim status, answer questions relating to reason claim is either pending or why it has been denied. If claim is pending, must be able to provide claimant explanation of why issue is pending and possibly the cause and nature of pending issue where claimant does not understand reason issue was established.
- Determine, after speaking with claimant, whether any issue can be resolved without further investigation and then adjudicate same, to include modifying any prior disqualifying issue that may continue to halt payments on claim.
- Review/Process/Determine pending PUA determinations to include reviewing emails and/or document repositories containing PUA application supporting documentation and inputting data to system of record to calculate accurate weekly benefit amounts, and issue monetary redeterminations where needed.
- In addition to data input, PUA process may include uploading documentation to repository or creating spreadsheet of claimant record to subsequently but regularly distribute back to agency/vendor for processing. Qualifications:
- 1+ years of Unemployment Claims Management, Fact Finding, or Adjudication experience.
- Resourcefulness and the ability to identify and resolve claims issues with minimal direction
- Familiarity with state unemployment insurance business processes and procedures
- Strong customer service skills; people skills; organizational skills; ability to work independently
- Proficient in Microsoft Office softwareUndergraduate studies underway or completed.
About the company