- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Job Description :
The Commercial Planning & Activation Manager will work with Brand Marketing, Agency Partners and the Activation community to develop commercial plans, category growth drivers and commercially relevant brand activation programs to help deliver growth opportunities for our spirits brand(s)
This role represents the ‘customer’ and ‘shopper’ in the Joined Up Business Planning process (internal planning). They are the experts in Brand Activation at the Moment of Choice and act as the advisor for brand to ensure commercial reality is baked into brand/consumer plans. The role monitors our overall BTL marketing investments to ensure optimized delivery of annual targets.
Purpose of Role:
The Commercial Planning & Activation Manager – creates a competitive advantage for Diageo by collaborating, creating and communicating the brands physical availability priorities across On, Non & Off -Premise Channels. This role provides the critical commercial linkage, knowledge and support to the brand marketing teams to ensure brand standards, purpose, communications and programs are commercially sound, impactful and are grounded in deep shopper, commercial data, retailer and RTM understanding.
The Commercial Planning & Activation role is the key arbiter of where and how and at what level our brands invest at the “moment of choice”. Deciding, for example, that brand is to be prioritized within a channel or segment has major implications for that brand’s long term growth, and must be a grounded and built in a commercial way that moves our business forward. The CP&A manager must employ Next Gen Marketing principles with a constant focus on recruitment and re-recruitment – supporting the mental availability agenda through the line by delivering outstanding Physical Availability plans for the brand.
- Financial: The CP&A manager – will have access to and stewardship of a portion of the Brands A&P budget to support BTL agencies and other 3rd party work in support of the brands. The CP&A manager will have a T&E budget that they must manage and use at their discretion to maximize their agenda and impact for the brands
- Complexity: This role requires a deep understanding of commercial, category & channel segment data, insights and shopper/consumer, trade and market trends. The role needs to manage and influence a large number of internal stakeholders across executive, analytics, marketing and sales functions to coordinate activity and consistency of outcomes
- Leadership Responsibilities and Decision Making: Oversees all commercial marketing/BTL planning and delivery of programs for and on behalf of the brand team – manages their appropriate budget share. Collaborates with brand/innovation, wider customer marketing and sales/activation organization to deliver brand activity and requirements OTIF. Provides critical input to commercial (BPM) and brand reviews (QBPR) and Planning – leading commercial course correction where necessary. Lives the Diageo Performance Ambition and demonstrates deep commitment to our Leadership Standards
Top 3-5 Accountabilities:
- Delivers “fewer, bigger, better” brand activations that truly impact the brand performance in service of the Mission – grow share and deliver financial and consumer imperatives
- Every commercial touchpoint understands their role in supporting the Brand ‘Must Do’s’ in service of the Mission/Plan
- Grow yourself and others by living our Performance Ambition and leading through action.
Qualifications and Experiences:
5-7 years of CPG brand/commercial experience in a fast paced, shopper /consumer insight driven, matrixed environment with business planning, commercial strategy and BTL creative skills important. Comfort with change management and experience with customers (Bev Alc. ideally) and the 3-Tier RTM a significant advantage.
Barriers to Success in role:
- Uncomfortable with change and the need to adjust plans/thinking/tactics mid-year
- Not open to feedback and the Challenge & Build culture at Diageo
- Not decisive and seeks too much collaboration & input at the expense of pace
- Not sufficiently in control of the content and aware of the context to drive simplicity and clarity for stakeholders
- No ability to turn data into insights
- Not commercially savvy or unwillingness to learn from the field
Worker Type :
Additional Locations :
Job Posting Start Date :
About the company
British multinational alcoholic beverages company headquartered in London, England. It is the world's largest producer of spirits and a major producer of beer and wine.
Diageo's brands include Smirnoff (the world's best-selling vodka), Johnnie Walker (the world's best-selling blended Scotch whisky), Baileys (the world's best-selling liqueur), and Guinness (the world's best-selling stout). It also owns 34% of Moët Hennessy, which owns brands including Moët & Chandon, Veuve Clicquot and Hennessy.