- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- San Francisco
We believe the economy is better when everyone has access. When everyone has room to grow. No one should be left out because the cost is too great or the technology too complex. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven’t stopped there. We’re empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
The Risk Policy team is responsible for developing the strategies, procedures, tracking, and training necessary to ensure that our operational teams perform at the highest level. As a Policy Lead, you will oversee a team of analysts responsible for implementing policies to be applied by Credit and Recovery agents to assess the creditworthiness of sellers processing payments using Square, as well as to help resolve negative seller balances arising from chargeback loss.
The ideal candidate will bring strong project management and data analysis skills to be able to coach analysts on scoping and executing on individual projects, and will bring a metrics-driven approach to measuring success in our operations. They will also be able to see the big picture, helping to plan and oversee multiple work streams designed to help our operational teams meet loss targets, as well as efficiency and experience metrics. Experience managing a team is a plus, but being willing to think creatively and roll up your sleeves to help teammates solve problems and achieve results is a must.
- Oversee Credit and Recovery Policy roadmap from planning to execution
- Manage a team of 3-4 Policy Analysts responsible for decision-making frameworks, operational KPIs, quality control, and workforce management
- Identify trends in credit risk loss metrics to inform and prioritize new policy creation
- Responsible for large loss event management and reporting
- Work with partners to inform tooling and infrastructure necessary to achieve team goals
- Share key Credit and Recovery operational metrics and progress towards goals to team lead as well as broader Risk team
- Help define required roles and responsibilities and resource allocation within team, and own people management functions
- 5+ years of experience in a project management or analytical role, with at least 2 years in financial services preferred
- Demonstrated success defining operational workflows and frameworks
- Strategic mindset; ability to see big-picture and translate into actionable steps
- Strong data analysis skills; naturally takes data-driven approach to problem solving and prioritization
- Excellent professional communications skills; able to build relationships and influence others
- Strong leadership ability and coaching mentality. Experience managing people a plus.
- BA/BS; MBA/Masters preferred
- SQL a plus
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible. Perks At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes: Healthcare coverage, Retirement Plans, Employee Stock Purchase Program, Meal reimbursements, Wellness perks, Paid parental leave, Flexible time off, Learning and Development resources
- ms project