- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- New York City
Credit Investment Professional - 90227671
Primary Location:US-New York-745 Seventh Avenue, New York, NY
Posting Range:12 Mar 2019 - Ongoing
Credit Investment Professional
New York, NY
The role is a buy-side credit investment professional responsible for underwriting, structuring and monitoring investments in the ILS portfolio in collaboration with senior members of the team. The candidate will likely support an industry sector encompassing all investing activities in the vertical but would start as a generalist.
What will you be doing?
Responsible for the following in a specific industry sector (or sectors):
• Take ownership of and support all aspects of the diligence/underwriting process for new investments
• Close involvement in structuring transactions to protect against identified investment risks
• Responsible for monitoring all investments
• Assist in any restructuring/work-out
• Participate in the origination process for new investments
What we’re looking for:
• 2 to 5+ years of buy-side credit investing experience
• Experience covering 1 or more industry verticals
• Broad credit investing background – experience investing in liquid/illiquid credit assets, various points on the risk spectrum, corporate and/or structured credit
• Excellent communication skills (will be in front of various senior professionals internally and externally in many capacities)
• Personality fit with a team-oriented/collaborative culture
• Strong technical skills/knowledge of the credit markets and attention to detail
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Private credit or direct lending experience
Where will you be working?
You will be working at our Americas Headquarters at 745 Seventh Avenue. This 37-story office tower is located in Times Square in the heart of Manhattan and features a cafeteria, fitness center and state-of-the-art LED signage on the facade of the building.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.