- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- New York City
Credit Rates Algo Quant Developer - 90227153
Primary Location:US-New York-745 Seventh Avenue, New York, NY
Posting Range:11 Mar 2019 - Ongoing
Credit Rates Algo Quant Developer
New York, NY
The Statistical Modelling and Development team remit lies within the trading activities in the Markets division, in particular electronic trading activities. It is responsible for
• Algorithms and model based business logic used in electronic trading in Markets.
• Data Science applied to trading and sales activities
• Underlying technology used in electronic trading and Data Science
The primary purpose of electronic trading is to provide liquidity to clients on agency and principal basis, where either the connection to the client is electronic or provision of that liquidity requires electronic trading. This requires the analysis, research and development of proprietary algorithms and trading business logic using data mining and statistical techniques.
The business logic includes information extraction from market data, price formation, auto-hedging, algorithmic risk management, execution strategies and smart-order-routing.
The primary purpose of the Data Science work is to extract information from our trading and market data to feed into decision making and algorithm design.
The instruments that we currently cover include Equities, FX Spot, Government Bonds, Corporate Bonds, Rates Futures, Rates Swaps, NDFs and CDS indices.
What will you be doing?
• Provide best in class service to Barclays clients
• Design of frameworks and functionality for development of trading algos
• Implementation, testing, and productionisation
• System tuning and optimisation
• Analysis of and improvements to algo performance
• Calibration and optimisation of parameters
• Proactive identification of problems and issues and resolution of them
• Provision of required support in timely manner and to high quality
• Participation in team peer reviews of code, modelling and testing
• Participation in team knowledge sharing and presentations
What we’re looking for:
• Extensive experience of Java, C# or C++ in a shared codebase
• Knowledge of low latency and event driven programming is desirable
• Knowledge of python, R or kdb is desirable
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Prior experience with algorithms or eTrading business logic is preferred
• PhD or master’s degree in a quantitative, mathematical or scientific discipline is preferred
Where will you be working?
You will be working at our Americas Headquarters at 745 Seventh Avenue. This 37-story office tower is located in Times Square in the heart of Manhattan and features a cafeteria, fitness center and state-of-the-art LED signage on the facade of the building.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.