- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $18,000.00 - $30,000.00 unpaid work
Want to be at the forefront of the Computer Networking industry? With the acquisition of Meraki, Cisco formed the Cloud Networking Group and created the fastest growing group within the company. Becoming known as the most successful acquisition in Cisco’s history, the Cloud Networking Group is triumphing’s sales targets and continuing to win new logos in the commercial and enterprise markets.
We are looking for a “rising star” who is highly motivated, technically savvy and passionate to join Cisco’s CNG as our next Consulting Sales Engineer. In this role, your primary responsibility will be to team up with a Product Sales Specialist and perform technical pre-sales activities for new and existing opportunities. This position is based in your home office with frequent travel to regional Cisco offices and customer sites. Utilizing your in-depth knowledge of CNG’s networking solutions and our competitors' offerings, you will clearly demonstrate the advantages to both prospects and partners. We highly use our pre-sales engineers, which means you have the opportunity to make great money while contributing to the success of the entire organization. This territory will include accounts in Denver, Seattle, Phoenix, Kansas City, and Portland.
- You will act as the technical subject matter authority, thoroughly understanding products, features, functions, and benefits while being able to communicate to all enterprise level customers
- You understand customer requirements for wireless networks and explain how Cisco Meraki will integrate with existing infrastructure, as well as service future needs
- You will Craft product documentation for customers and perform competitive analysis regarding competing products
- You'll perform site surveys and provide onsite deployment assistance on large deployments
- You'll provide technical guidance to channel partners and assist them in effectively selling the Cisco Meraki solution
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- You will have field pre-sales experience; ASE / CSAP grads preferred
- You have authoritative knowledge of 802.11a/b/g/n wireless networks, site surveys, requirements gathering, deployment challenges
- Deep understanding of wired networks, including firewalls, content filters, routing/switching, VLAN's, etc
- Understand wireless security methodologies, including 802.1x w/ RADIUS integration
- Consistent track record of 5-10 years in a pre-sales technical role (solutions architect, systems engineer, sales engineer, etc)
- Knowledge of sales cycle, strong verbal and written communication skills, and validated negotiation techniques
- Amazing relationship building skills, tenacity, resilience and presentation skills.
- CCIE, CWNP, CWDP, CCNA preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to multi-task and set priorities.
- Ability to travel 50+%
- BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering or related discipline required
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
About the company
At Cisco, transforming the way people work, live, play and learn also includes being a great place to work. For 17 years, we’ve been named a Fortune 100 Best Place to Work, one of a handful of companies included on the list since its inception. And, we are among 25 companies acknowledged as a world’s best multinational workplace.
We’re proud of this recognition because it means, at Cisco, you will enjoy working flexibly, using our own market-leading collaboration technology to drive innovation; taking advantage of numerous health and wellness resources; pursuing exciting career opportunities, and participating in programs to help your local communities or fulfill philanthropic interests. And, you’ll be doing all of this while being part of a global team that is making a positive difference in the world.
Learn why Cisco is a great place to work and what we offer you.