- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Overland Park
New Facility Opening Feb 2020
CT Technologist AdventHealth at College Boulevard
Location Address:7025 College Blvd, Overland Park, KS 66211
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
- Received Magnet® recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center in January 2019
- Providing faith-based, whole person care to Kansas City since 1962
- Excellent health benefits, an onsite child care center and fitness facility
- Tuition reimbursement to support continuing education
- Employee Referral Program
- Largest health care provider in Johnson County with four campuses
36hrs/week – 3 x 12hrs shifts
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Maintains all the essential job functions of the CT Technologist.
- Rotates "on call" status
- Reviews scheduled patient's requisitions and chart before starting exam.
- Administers opaque contrast material as directed by Radiologist.
- Starts IV's on out patients that require IV contrast.
- Draw labs for Creatine when possible to expedite patient care.
- Communicate with nurses and physicians to expedite patient care.
- Locate orders, lab work, allergies and any other related resources on the patient in Power Chart.
- Send images to VRC in a timely manner and scan VRC report into PACS.
- Gives oral contrast, when scheduled, to abdomen and pelvis CAT Scan patients one to two hours prior to exams.
- Participate in the training of new CT techs.
- Operates Cerner System, proficiently, trouble shoots problems with orders and makes corrections within scope of user level.
- Complete and charge exams correctly on Cerner System.
- Send all exams to PACS System and know what to do if PACS is down.
- Adheres to radiation safety standards.
- Assumes responsibility for assigned area and reports equipment malfunctions.
- Follows "Standard of Behavior" guidelines per hospital policy
- Incorporates patient, physician, customer needs and concerns into decision-making and organizational action.
- Follows the AIDET model (Acknowledge, Introduce, Duration, Explanation and Thank) Personalized Patient Care Every Patient Every time.
- Maintains ethical relationships and cooperates with all personnel in proper conduct of department
- Demonstrates commitment of personal and professional development, and pursues appropriate continuing education.
- Professional appearance is in accordance with dress code standards.
- Attends a minimum of 50% of scheduled department meetings and is accountable for obtaining information from missed meetings.
- Provides patient transportation when needed.
- Performs other related duties as required and deemed necessary per Radiology Director or Manager
What You Will Need:
- Associate’s Degree or Graduate of a Technical School
- Kansas State License LRT
- Nationally Registered ARRT
- ARRT Registered CT Technologist
- BLS obtained through the American Heart Association
Under the direction of a Radiologist, performs CAT Scan procedures at a technical level not requiring constant supervision of technical detail. Performs a variety of technical procedures that will require independent judgment with ingenuity and initiative to acquire Cat Scan images for radiological diagnosis. Must keep room clean and stocked with supplies that are required to perform CAT Scan procedures.