- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Colorado Springs
Boulder, Colorado Employment Type:
Full-TimePosting Close Date:
03-Dec-2019 Close All Job SummaryFacilities Management is welcoming applications for a Custodian I, Floorwork Crew. This position will provide preventative and restorative maintenance to campus flooring and assist with other cleaning duties as needed. The Custodian I will also provide custodial, recycling and waste, and snow removal services. This position is required to operate a ¾-ton box van to transport equipment and materials in the performance of all essential duties.
Who We AreFacilities Management is responsible for the overall physical development and maintenance of the campus. The mission of the department is to provide a safe physical environment that promotes the advancement and transfer of knowledge.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Carpet Care
- Restorative Hard Floor Care
- Furniture, Equipment, Supply Moving
- Set-Up Work and Room Preparation
- Snow/Ice Removal and De-Icer Application
- Equipment Maintenance and Cleaning, Emergency Cleaning, Team Cleaning
- Driving Responsibilities
- The use of a ¾ ton cube van (CMV certification) is required to complete most assignments, including moving/transporting furniture, equipment, and supplies to and from the job site, returning to shop for items as well as for repairs/maintenance. Report all required equipment needing repairs to area coordinator. All drivers are to utilize the buddy system when parking or backing van, which means two other employees are to be outside the vehicle (one in the front and one in the rear) to assist with safely parking/backing vehicles into a dock or parking space. Be familiar with the operation of said vehicle to safely assist the driver.
What You Should KnowThe shift for this position will be Monday through Thursday, 3:30 pm - 2:00 am.
What We Can OfferThe starting salary is $13.37 per hour or $27,268 per year plus a 7.5% shift differential.
This full-time position offers excellent benefits, including:
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- 10 paid holidays
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- EcoPass for free RTD rides
- An unparalleled retirement plan
Opportunity for growth!
BenefitsThe University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be StatementsBe Empowered. Be Impactful. Be Boulder.What We Require
- Must pass DOT physical before starting work as a condition of employment.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Commercial Motor Vehicle (CMV) certification within the first 90 days of employment required to operate vehicles essential to the position.
- Ability to lift 50lbs repeatedly, push/pull loads exceeding 100lbs.
- Ability to work weekend and shift work for special events, projects or scheduling issues when required.
What You Will Need
- Ability to communicate with customers and coworkers.
- Dependability and reliability.
- Ability to work well with co-workers and others.
- Customer service skills.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Prior custodial/cleaning experience, including any floor care experience.
- Previous experience working on a team.
- Current Commercial Motor Vehicle (CMV) certification.
- Current DOT medical card.
Special InstructionsTo apply, please submit the following materials: 1. A current resume. Must include date ranges and whether full time or part time work. 2. A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications (optional). 3. DD-214 for veteran applicants. a. Qualified veterans are eligible for veteran’s preference points within the State classified system. If you are a veteran and would like to have your DD214 evaluated to determine your eligibility for preference points, please attach a copy of your DD214 to this posting. If you do not wish to upload a DD214, please email a copy to Recruiting@Colorado.Edu or send via fax at 303-492-4693 and reference the job to which you are applying.
You will not be asked to upload references at this time.
Please apply by December 16, 2019, for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs.
Select here for additional information regarding Classified Staff positions: www.cu.edu/cu-careers/special-instructions-classified-staff-applicantsEssential ServicesThis position is designated “essential services.” The incumbent is required to respond to requests for work during campus emergencies (snow, wind, rain, flood and any other natural or man-made event) and report to work for his / her regularly assigned shift during emergency campus closures.
Posting Contact InformationPosting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: Recruiting@Colorado.Edu
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- customer service
- human resources