- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Job Description and Duties
Please see attached duty statement.
Please note: You will need to take and pass and examination for Custodian Supervisor II to establish list eligibility. Please visithttps://jobs.ca.gov/JOBSGEN/0PBBJ.PDFfor more information.
You will find additional information about the job in the Duty Statement .
You will find the Minimum Requirements in the Class Specification.
- CUSTODIAN SUPERVISOR II Additional Documents
- Job Application Package Checklist
- Duty Statement Position Details
Job Code #: JC-201631 Position #(s): 190-239-2001-XXX Working Title: Custodian Supervisor II Classification: CUSTODIAN SUPERVISOR II $3,272.00 - $4,097.00 # of Positions: 1 Work Location: San Joaquin County Job Type: Permanent, Full Time Department Information
Vision We enhance public safety and promote successful community reintegration through education, treatment and active participation in rehabilitative and restorative justice programs.
To facilitate the successful reintegration of the individuals in our care back to their communities equipped with the tools to be drug-free, healthy, and employable members of society by providing education, treatment, rehabilitative, and restorative justice programs, all in a safe and humane environment.
The California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation and the California Correctional Health Care Services are committed to building an inclusive and culturally diverse workplace. We are determined to attract and hire more candidates from diverse communities and empower all employees from a variety of cultural backgrounds, perspectives, and personal experiences. We are proud to foster inclusion and drive collaborative efforts to increase representation at all levels of the Department.
1. Do NOT include ANY confidential information on any documents you submit for a job vacancy, such as your State application, resume, or educational transcripts. Confidential information that should beexcluded or removedfrom these documents includes, but is not limited to, your Social Security Number (SSN), birth date, student identification number, driver's license number (unless required), basis of eligibility, examination results, LEAP status, marital status, and age. Confidential information on the first page of applications submitted electronically online, such as Easy ID number, SSN, examination related information, and driver's license number will automatically be redacted upon submission.
2. Possession of Minimum Qualifications will be verified prior to interview and/or appointment. If you are meeting Minimum Qualifications with education, you must include your unofficial transcripts/diploma for verification. Official transcripts may be required upon appointment. If it is determined a candidate does not meet the Minimum Qualifications, the candidate will be withheld from the eligibility list, rendering them inactive and ineligible to be hired for the position. Candidates who have been withheld may file an appeal with the State Personnel Board.
3. Candidates new to CDCR or the Division of Juvenile Justice are required to submit to a background investigation process utilizing Live Scan fingerprinting, and Tuberculosis testing prior to appointment followed by departmental annual Tuberculosis testing/evaluation thereafter.
Completed applications and all required documents must be received or postmarked by the Final Filing Date in order to be considered. Dates printed on Mobile Bar Codes, such as the Quick Response (QR) Codes available at the USPS, are not considered Postmark dates for the purpose of determining timely filing of an application.
Final Filing Date: 6/3/2020 Who May Apply
Individuals who are currently in the classification, eligible for lateral transfer, eligible for reinstatement, have list eligibility, are in the process of obtaining list eligibility, or have SROA and/or Surplus eligibility (please attach your letter, if available). SROA and Surplus candidates are given priority; therefore, individuals with other eligibility may be considered in the event no SROA or Surplus candidates apply. Individuals who are eligible for a Training and Development assignment may also be considered for this position(s).
Applications will be screened and only the most qualified applicants will be selected to move forward in the selection process. Applicants must meet the Minimum Qualifications stated in the Classification Specification(s). How To Apply
Complete Application Packages (including your Examination/Employment Application (STD 678) and applicable or required documents) must be submitted to apply for this Job Posting. Application Packages may be submitted electronically through your CalCareer Account at www.CalCareers.ca.gov. When submitting your application in hard copy, a completed copy of the Application Package listing must be included. If you choose to not apply electronically, a hard copy application package may be submitted through an alternative method listed below:
Address for Mailing Application Packages
You may submit your application and any applicable or required documents to:
California Health Care Facility Attn: Hiring & Recruitment Office P.O. Box 32050 Stockton, CA 95213 Address for Drop-Off Application Packages
You may drop off your application and any applicable or required documents at:
Hiring & Recruitment Office 7707 S. Austin Road Stockton, CA 95215 08:00 AM - 04:30 PM Required Application Package Documents
The following items are required to be submitted with your application. Applicants who do not submit the required items timely may not be considered for this job:
- Current version of the State Examination/Employment Application STD Form 678 (when not applying electronically), or the Electronic State Employment Application through your Applicant Account at www.CalCareers.ca.gov. All Experience and Education relating to the Minimum Qualifications listed on the Classification Specification should be included to demonstrate how you meet the Minimum Qualifications for the position.
- Resume is optional. It may be included, but is not required. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodations for the hiring interview process must request the necessary accommodations if scheduled for a hiring interview. The request should be made at the time of contact to schedule the interview. Questions regarding reasonable accommodations may be directed to the EEO contact listed on this job posting. Contact Information
The Human Resources Contact is available to answer questions regarding the position or application process.
Human Resources Contact:
email@example.com Please direct requests for Reasonable Accommodations to the interview scheduler at the time the interview is being scheduled. You may direct any additional questions regarding Reasonable Accommodations or Equal Employment Opportunity for this position(s) to the Department's EEO Office.
California Relay Service: 1-800-735-2929 (TTY), 1-800-735-2922 (Voice)TTY is a Telecommunications Device for the Deaf, and is reachable only from phones equipped with a TTY Device. Equal Opportunity Employer
The State of California is an equal opportunity employer to all, regardless of age, ancestry, color, disability (mental and physical), exercising the right to family care and medical leave, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religious creed, sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), and sexual orientation.
It is an objective of the State of California to achieve a drug-free work place. Any applicant for state employment will be expected to behave in accordance with this objective because the use of illegal drugs is inconsistent with the law of the State, the rules governing Civil Service, and the special trust placed in public servants.
About the company