- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- WHITE ROCK US
Create an outstanding customer experience through exceptional service and direct and supervise all functions, duties, and activities of the front-end. Establish and maintain a safe and clean environment that encourages our customers to return. Embrace the Customer 1st strategy and encourage associates to deliver excellent customer service. Demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome, important and appreciated by answering questions regarding products sold within the store and make suggestions about products.
- Develop adequate scheduling to balance customer volume with associate needs.
- Stay current with present, future, seasonal and special ads.
- Understand inventory/stocking and Computer Assisted Ordering.
- Observe scheduled shift operating hours.
- Lead Front End team by supporting service expectations such as, but not limited to, QueVision, money services, and self-checkout goals.
- Ensure that customers’ needs are addressed quickly and professionally.
- Conduct daily huddles with front-end associates to discuss service standard and results.
- Perform cash loans and pick ups from all store registers throughout associates’ shifts using the VeriBalance system and safe procedures; verify safe counts at the beginning of the shift and balance safe at the end of shift.
- Manage breaks and lunches for all front-end associates, including cashiers, baggers, service booth clerks, fuel clerks, and relief help.
- Observe, coach, and encourage all front-end associates on a daily basis on all front-end expectations (e.g., proper checking techniques, engagement, QueVision, self-checkout lead behaviors, proper bagging techniques, etc.).
- Follow procedures to limit shrink (e.g., checking for items on bottom of basket, scanning all items, avoiding manual hand rings, proper use of gold slips, close the loop, follow up with all register operators, etc.).
- Ensure that all current customer service, cash control, labor control, expense and supply controls, loss prevention, maintenance, safety, food safety, associate and customer engagement rules are being followed.
- Reinforce safety programs by complying with safety procedures; identify unsafe conditions and notify store management.
- Practice preventive maintenance by properly inspecting equipment and notify appropriate department or store manager of any items in need of repair.
- Notify management of customer or employee accidents.
- Report all safety risks/ issues and illegal activity, including robbery, theft or fraud.
- Oversee and manage the efficient operations of all front-end functions and activities.
- Adhere to all local, state and federal laws and company guidelines.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Successful completion of checker, U-scan, service booth, and bagger training
- Effective communication skills
- Knowledge of basic math (e.g., counting, addition, and subtraction)
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Must be 21 or older
- Current alcohol sellers permit or ability to obtain once employed
Desired Previous Job Experience/Education:
- High school diploma or GED
- Cashier, retail, or management experience
- Second language (speaking, reading and/or writing)
will work 10-6 or 11-7
- customer service
About the company
Kroger, one of the world’s largest retailers, employs more than 339,000 associates who serve customers in 2,425 supermarkets and multi-department stores in 31 states under two dozen local banner names including Kroger, City Market, Dillons, Jay C, Food 4 Less, Fred Meyer, Fry's, King Soopers, QFC, Ralphs and Smith's. The company also operates 789 convenience stores, 337 fine jewelry stores, 1,109 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food processing plants in the U.S. Kroger also operates over 80 “The Little Clinic” retail healthcare sites inside select Kroger, King Sooper and Fry’s stores.
Recognized by Forbes as the most generous company in America, Kroger supports hunger relief, breast cancer awareness, the military and their families, and more than 30,000 schools and grassroots organizations in the communities it serves. Kroger contributes food and funds equal to 160 million meals a year through more than 80 Feeding America food bank partners. For more information please visit Kroger.com.