- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $34,131.00 - $52,554.00 gross per year
This position is being re-advertised. Candidates who have previously submitted an application do not need to reapply.
This class is the second level in a four-level Customer Service Series devoted to providing direct customer service to the public involving information exchange, reservations/registrations or sales, payment and/or billing transactions. Incumbents provide semi-skilled and skill technical work in resolving and addressing customer concerns within standard procedures. Work may include fulfilling service requests by completing work order requests and routing requests; identifying billing associated with work orders if applicable, and processing billing; enforcing collections procedures for delinquent accounts; verifying identity of account owners where required; responding to customer inquiries; researching and resolving billing issues/inquiries and disputes and providing explanations to customers; handling customer complaints; and maintaining data and reports.
Hiring Range: $34,131.00 (Promotional Hiring Range may vary)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides clerical support and service to internal and external customers; responds to inquiries and provides information related to programs and services; performs account verifications; fulfills service requests; and reviews and resolves complaints/issues, or provides a referral to appropriate resource.
- Reviews and processes forms and transactions which may include: accepting and applying payments to appropriate customer and ledger accounts; activating or inactivating accounts based on payment status; coordinating billing based on completed services; issuing refunds, change, vouchers, receipts; processing reservation requests, registrations, purchase/ticket or rental requests; and/or assisting customers with forms completion.
- Enters, updates and maintains system data; verifies accuracy of data input or system generated updates; makes corrections; posts account adjustments; collects and compiles data; prepares basic summary reports. May balance daily revenue receipts and prepare bank deposits.
- Performs basic research, reviews reports, gathers and verifies information; contacts customers to provide follow up information which may include: general account information; program reservation status; past due account balance information; collection procedures related to delinquent accounts; payment plan options; and/or billing issues.
- Maintains, organizes and retrieves files, records, documentation, forms, lists and/or supplies; initiates requests to replenish supplies and for equipment maintenance needs.
- Provides assistance in scheduling meetings, trips and/or activities; makes reservations; schedules resources which may include catering, meeting equipment and supplies.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
Education and Experience
High School Diploma or GED and two years of related customer service experience.
An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above, unless otherwise subject to any other requirements set forth.
- Standard practices, methods and materials of assigned work.
- Basic mathematical concepts.
- Basic filing and record-keeping principles.
- Occupational hazards and applicable safety principles and practices.
- Uses and properties of supplies and equipment.
- Cash handling procedures (based on assignment).
- Applicable federal, state and local laws, codes, regulations (based on assignment).
- Customer service principles.
- Specialized equipment relevant to area of assignment.
- Modern office technology.
- Following directions and meeting standards.
- Providing attention to detail in assignments.
- Proofreading and error correction.
- Maintaining and updating data and documentation.
- Comprehending reference books and manuals.
- Operating assigned tools and equipment.
- Organizing and maintaining records and files.
- Interpreting and applying applicable laws, codes, regulations and standards (based on assignment).
- Providing customer service.
- Utilizing a computer and relevant software applications.
- Utilizing communication and interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisors, the general public and others to sufficiently exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
ADA and Other Requirements:
Positions in this class typically require: fingering, grasping, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Work is routinely performed in an indoor, office environment.
This job classification description is intended to be generic in nature. It is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. The essential duties, functions and responsibilities and Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) designation may vary based on the specific tasks assigned to the position.