- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $18,000.00 - $30,000.00 unpaid work
What You'll Do
Senior customer focused technical and architectural sales professional with knowledge of customer specific business drivers and networking environment. Acts as a trusted advisor in an account(s) and works with the account team and account leadership (e.g. Client Executive) to demonstrate the business value of Cisco solutions, architectures, and services by aligning opportunities with a 3-5 year architectural vision. Serves as the lead advocate for customer within Cisco.
• Expertly design top-down future state architectures and associated Cisco tech strategy
• Drive top down long term lead generation, including identification of top opportunities
• Coordinate with senior client leadership team to provide a vision for the account team in terms of technology focus and relationship development
• Coordinate technical resources within an account, including alignment of individual opportunities with overall account plan and architectural blueprint
• Define high level solution options and articulate the pros and cons of a Cisco solution in solving a business problem
• Prepare account team with solution overview and potential competitive threats and facilitate interactions within Cisco, e.g. BUs, Services, etc.
• Proactively engage partners involved in deals with strategic customers or partners developing unique, differentiated offerings
• Work with Partners team to ensure partner architects are certified with the appropriate level of architectural certifications (e.g., TOGAF Certified)
Develop and Present Solutions
• Selectively review and approve significant RFPs and proposals for complex technical solutions
• Design multi-vendor customer solutions and mentor junior team members on solution design
• Determine appropriate services and organizations needed to support solution and how to incorporate them into a broader technology environment
• Leverage Sales support resources (e.g. TSN, demo) on an ongoing basis
• Deliver and / or support delivery of technical presentations to customers / key partners
• Utilize Engineering Requirements Process as needed for key solution and inter-operability requests
Personal and Organizational Development
• Develop high level technical relationships (CTO, CXO, Senior Network Architect) within an account
• Leverage existing business relationships with the Account Team, and BDMs internally, and various technology and business groups within customers' organizations to ensure disparate initiatives tie into the overall business architecture roadmap
• Seek out opportunities to partner with and mentor less-experienced teammates to share leading practices and help strengthen their capabilities
• Leverage Cisco marketing intelligence resources for industry knowledge and trends
• Participate in, BU / TG summits, and / or customer and industry vertical forums, including industry trade organizations
• Publish white papers for internal and external use
• Develop customer-specific architectures that can be leveraged throughout Cisco
• Act as an evangelist for customer needs within Cisco by shaping future product, service, and sales process development; Work with business units, sales organization, and OPs to drive these changes
• Lead Cisco initiatives on a WW level and actively seek out cross-functional collaboration opportunities
• Develop and leverage best practices and actively share knowledge within the SE organization
Who You'll Work With
Strategic Business Planning: Demonstrating significant knowledge of Cisco and the industry; developing strategies that leverage core strengths of one’s own group and Cisco. Consulting & Partnering: Helping external clients and partners to understand their business needs, offering advice and solutions, and operating from a position of expertise balanced with a collaborative approach. CXO
Adding value by proactively identifying business opportunities for the customer, conveying a firm understanding of the client’s business and political drivers, displaying executive presence by building rapport and credibility; effectively influencing other people to accept a solution; clearly connecting solutions to business needs. Critical Thinking: Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to address sales challenges and new opportunities; taking courses of action based on
About the company
At Cisco, transforming the way people work, live, play and learn also includes being a great place to work. For 17 years, we’ve been named a Fortune 100 Best Place to Work, one of a handful of companies included on the list since its inception. And, we are among 25 companies acknowledged as a world’s best multinational workplace.
We’re proud of this recognition because it means, at Cisco, you will enjoy working flexibly, using our own market-leading collaboration technology to drive innovation; taking advantage of numerous health and wellness resources; pursuing exciting career opportunities, and participating in programs to help your local communities or fulfill philanthropic interests. And, you’ll be doing all of this while being part of a global team that is making a positive difference in the world.
Learn why Cisco is a great place to work and what we offer you.