- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Cyber Operations Lead - 90196912
Primary Location:US-US-New Jersey-Whippany
Posting Range:25 Jul 2018 - Ongoing
Job Title: Cyber Operations Lead
Location: 400 Jefferson Park, Whippany, New Jersey
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
About Barclays in the US
Barclays offers corporate and investment banking and credit card services in the US. Our 10,000 US colleagues are located in offices across the country, with headquarters in New York City. In 2017, Barclays announced plans to create a world-class campus in Whippany, New Jersey, for our Technology, Operations and Functional teams in the US. Other principal locations include Delaware, Nevada, Ohio and Maine.
About Global Information Security
Global Information Security is a fully global team, with over 800 colleagues across Europe, Asia, Africa and the Americas. We support the business in ensuring confidentiality, integrity and availability of the firm’s information assets, and in implementing world-class security solutions to meet business needs.
Overall purpose of role
The Cyber Response Senior Analyst is a senior member of the Global Cyber Operations function with primary responsibility for leading triage and containment efforts during security incidents. This position will be reporting to the Director of Cyber Operations in the US and will be responsible for the identification, management and mitigation of security events as detected by monitoring, internal and external intelligence, vulnerability assessment and internal problem management tools and procedures.
The individual in this role will work closely with the Cyber Intelligence and Attack Monitoring functions.
Cyber Response – 75%
· Works as a senior technical member within a multidisciplinary team in the delivery of information security and privacy response services to the global retail and commercial enterprise.
· Collect and analyze key security telemetry and perform necessary triage and threat analysis functions. Create TTPs and drive triage, containment and remediation actions.
· Responsible for the management of events, including notification, escalation response and post incident review.
· Delivers the execution of triage controls to detect and prevent attackers from infiltrating company information or jeopardizing e-commerce programs.
· Escalates to management regarding the negative impact on the business caused by theft, destruction, alteration or denial of access to information.
· Delivers recommendations and actions to improve the detection, escalation, containment and resolution of data security incidents.
Initiative Delivery – 15%
· Establish and deliver incident response methods, tools and processes which provide the organization value by reducing risk.
· Deliver response focused initiatives leveraging experience in doing so previously.
General Advice and Guidance – 10%
· Provide support in relation to the other Vulnerability Management team functions as and when dictated by workloads and deadlines.
· Provide general advice and guidance on Information Security related matters as and when required.
· Provision of ‘out of hours’ support and investigation as and when required.
· Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent work experience.
· 7-10 years hands on experience in the field of incident response and mitigation, web application security, threat research or intelligence analysis.
· 7+ years of experience in the area of malware analysis, threat intelligence, vulnerability management and security assurance.
· 7+ of experience in information sharing platforms like memberships to trust groups for intelligence sharing
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.