- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Cyber Security Business Lead - Broadcast
Operations & Technology
The Global Media Operations Cyber Security Business Leader will be a lead contributor to the NBC Universal Cyber Security organization, responsible for executing and contributing to the Cyber Security strategy and maintaining operational engagement with key GMO and Engineering Leaders.
Global Media Operations manages the distribution of all NBCU content to any B2B partners and to consumers as well. This encompasses Linear Broadcast, VOD, EST and any other modality of content distribution.
The Cyber Security Business Leader will assess business Cyber Security practices and provide recommendations on the implementation of security controls, technologies and supporting workflows consistent with the NBC Universal Cyber Security strategy. Additionally, executing the GMO Cyber Security program with accountability for delivery and measurement consistent with organizational objectives and standards. This position requires an experienced security professional, ideally with experience in the media and entertainment industry in customer facing roles.
A successful candidate is expected to understand and articulate business operational processes and risks while leveraging existing internal and external business and technology resources to provide program and project related insight. Clear and concise oral and written communication are required.
Advise and lead the execution of a comprehensive Cyber Security risk-based program for NBC Global Media Operations business.
Provide insight and seek support from the enterprise NBC Universal Cyber Security function to inform and align with the GMO strategy
Support Cyber Security organization leadership in the identification and communication of relevant Cyber Security-related issues, risks and events, including leading operational engagement and supporting metrics for measuring Cyber Security maturity
Keep abreast of Cyber Security trends, with an ability to articulate security related themes and principles in to business terms
Drive the delivery of Cyber Security plans, implementations and leading practice controls, with an understanding of Active Defense security principles and strategies
Lead business engaged risk exercises to identify and measure risk posture and provide recommendations on mitigation strategies
Actively engage and support security incident response team in resolution and close of investigations of incidents with ownership of post mortem and remediation plans
Support the development of business-relevant metrics and key performance indicators to measure Cyber Security program maturity
• Minimum 3 years combined work experience in an IT infrastructure, networking and security
• Minimum 2 years working in a multi-national business operation
• Minimum 3 years working with security technologies including security architecture, IDS/IPS, digital certificates, encryption, and authentication, advanced anti-malware systems, and security log collection, optimization, and deep analytic analyses.
• Minimum 2 years in customer facing technical engagement roles, including service and solution delivery.
• Ability to travel up to 20% of time, as needed, including overnight stays
• Media Entertainment industry experience
• Degree in Computer Science or equivalent field of study
• Training in Cyber Security specific disciplines
• Ability to communicate effectively to business and technical teams
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize and handle multiple initiatives
• Demonstrated negotiation and problem resolution skills
• Experience in large global environments spanning multiple time-zones
• Demonstrated interpersonal, analytical, organizational, written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to communicate to all levels of an organization
• Demonstrated knowledge of recognized Information Security related standards and technologies
• Demonstrated knowledge of International Information Security and Privacy regulations, laws, and policies
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks,
About the company
NBCUniversal is where opportunities are found and careers are made. From the front lines to the top executive roles, we make it easy for potential candidates to explore opportunities and find the right fit with our team.