- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Englewood Cliffs
Active Directory AD Architect
Operations & Technology
The Sr. Active Directory Architect is a critical member of the NBCU Cyber Security Architecture team responsible for the design, development, and maintenance of the Active Directory architecture and technology solutions that address NBCUniversal's current and emerging business and technology requirements. The AD Architect is the technical leader responsible for oversight of the current state and future direction of the AD security architecture landscape. This position reports to the Director of Cyber Security Domain Services and will work in close collaboration with the CISO, CISO's direct reports, other lead architects and with the NBCUniveral business areas.
Serve as the cyber security Active Directory subject-matter leader and provide technical direction and leadership to resolve critical design or operational issues
Shape the Active Directory Roadmap to ensure alignment of security initiatives, business access needs, and technology drivers to help drive a secure, world class identity and access framework
Design and Develop Active Directory architectural patterns for the organization
Remediate, redesign, develop net new or securely maintain Active Directory and enabled features.
Work closely with key security, technology, and business groups in the development of reference architectures and standards architecture; review new and existing implementations to ensure decisions are made and implemented accordingly
Recommend information security technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes, identifying problems, evaluating trends, anticipating requirements.
Lead solution architecture design discussions, lead security efforts assisting with the integration and initial implementation of solutions, and solicit and evaluate technical contributions & proposals from vendor companies as necessary to meet future security requirements
Analyze potential impact of new threats and exploits, develop and implement solutions to mitigate those threats, and communicate risks to relevant stakeholders
Provide technical leadership for Active Directory and other security domains/ concepts for team members and others across the organization
Participate in long range strategic planning and capitol budgeting proposals
Create and maintain architectural reference documentation
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Security, Management Information Systems, or equivalent work experience acceptable
• 10+ years’ experience in Information Security or Information Technology.
• Microsoft Certified System Engineer
• Additional Microsoft certifications a plus
• Strong Active Directory and Windows Server engineering experience of 5+ years. Linux/Unix background is a plus.
• 5+ years proven work history of providing solutions for Active Directory, authentications, access and object / attribute synchronization to a global enterprise.
• Excellent employee service skills required. Always mindful of the ‘user experience’
• Microsoft certifications Cloud technical certificates a plus
• Azure AD experience required. Other cloud synchronization experience a plus
• Strong interpersonal and communications skills with the capability to communicate effectively to non-technical decision making employees is required
• Ability to explain and champion technical concepts to a broad audience focusing on business reasons to do so.
• Strong self-starter skills with a habit for looking ahead to the next project to tackle.
• Strong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
• Threat modeling and assessment experience
• Use of influence skills to obtain buy-in and participation from various groups and stakeholders without direct control.
• Work with staff and management across all levels of the organization
• Collaborates with other IT team managers to ensure consistency, adaptability, responsiveness, and effectiveness of identity solutions
• Manage virtual teams to deliver initiatives via a matrixed environment to support business and security objectives.
• Continually assess identity platforms and technologies for future mode of operation
About the company
NBCUniversal is where opportunities are found and careers are made. From the front lines to the top executive roles, we make it easy for potential candidates to explore opportunities and find the right fit with our team.