- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
- Gathers, analyzes, summarizes, and presents data to support activities such as, but not limited to: PQE Investigations, PQA Assessments, Complaint Investigations in the CAPA System, Post Market Surveillance, Monthly Management/department Metrics, and/or product development/improvement activities.
- Assisting the Data Scientist role in activities (which are not limited to), extraction of big data, data manipulation and cleaning of data, and continuous improvement of complaint handling reports to meet the changing needs of the business
- Assisting in the development and implementation of product quality metrics in support of all of Complaint Handling, which includes (but is not limited to) Product Quality Engineering and Product Quality Assurance.
- Assists in the coordination of presentations for Senior level management and following up on action items as assigned
- The ability to work under limited supervision is required.
- A demonstrated ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams is required.
- Drafting documents and facilitating tasks as assigned.
- Escalating issues to management as appropriate.
- Providing inputs in drafting of process improvements.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies, and performing other duties as assigned by management.
- Note: This job description describes the principal and main elements of the job. It is a guide to the nature and main duties of the job as they currently exist, but is not intended as a wholly comprehensive or permanent representation.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred or equivalent. Technical Degree in sciences also preferred
- Minimum 3 years-In lieu of Bachelor's degree position requires experience in a regulated industry in a Quality function (such as, Post Market Surveillance, Complaint Management, or CAPA)
- Minimum 3 years- Experience in data analysis
- Minimum 1 year- Prior experience in the medical device industry and/or quality systems is required
- High proficiency with Excel to include pivot
- Experience with Access and Power BI desired
- Experience with complaint data and manufacturing data analysis preferred.
- Ability to understand data and do presentations.
JOB FAMILY:Operations Quality
DIVISION:ADC Diabetes Care
LOCATION:United States Alameda : 1360-1380 South Loop Road
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf
About the company
At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and www.facebook.com/AbbottCareers, on Instagram @AbbottGlobal, and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
We invite you to explore opportunities at Abbott, to see if your talents and career aspirations may fit with our openings. An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.