- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Lithia Springs
Our thirst for technology is a part of everything we do. The Data Center Engineering team takes the physical design of our data centers into the future. Our lab mirrors a research and development department -- cutting-edge strategies are born, tested and tested again. Along with a team of great minds, you tackle complex topics like how we use power or how to run state-of-the-art, environmentally-friendly facilities. You're a visionary who optimizes for efficiencies and never stops seeking improvements -- even small changes that can make a huge impact. You generate ideas, communicate recommendations to senior-level executives and drive implementation alongside facilities technicians.
With your technical expertise, you ensure compliance with codes and standards, develop infrastructure improvements and serve as an expert in your specialty (e.g., cooling, electrical).
As a Data Center Controls Engineer, you will assist in design, specification, and definition of requirements as part of the Global Controls Engineering team. Project scopes will include solution definition per requirements, system design, and working with system integrator partners to implement and test these solutions across one or more locations.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Associate's degree, trade school certification or equivalent practical experience.
- 12 years of experience as a controls technician focusing on design and project implementation.
- 8 years of experience as a controls engineer.
- Project leadership experience in a critical/construction/high tech environment.
- Industrial control system engineering experience.
- Experience with facility cooling and/or electrical infrastructure control systems and instrumentation/metrology for data centers.
- Experience in the development of Sequence of Operations (SOO) documents in conjunction with A/E firms and/or engineers. Ability to understand SOO documents, write, test, and troubleshoot ladder, function block, and structured text programming code based on SOO.
- Understanding of industrial control system cybersecurity and networking, and industry standard mechanical and/or electrical systems used in a data center environment and controls/monitoring systems.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Represent the controls team in multidisciplinary engineering design efforts, including significantly influencing and contributing to the development or modification of control systems, practices, and processes used by all facilities.
- Participate in project teams responsible for definition of the owner’s program requirements (OPR) and in technical implementation of the global controls/monitoring skills enhancement program (training) for all assigned DCOps systems.
- Provide technical consult and lead global standards for complex controls system programming, commissioning, documentation, turn-up, and facilities turnover.
- Lead local technical and commissioning teams in the performance of project rollouts of control/monitoring systems, design improvements, analysis, and end to end testing.
- Lead complex troubleshooting and emergency situations at a data center and across sites for controls/monitoring domain of expertise.
- ms project
About the company
Google is not a conventional company, and we don't intend to become one. True, we share attributes with the world's most successful organizations - a focus on innovation and smart business practices comes to mind - but even as we continue to grow, we're committed to retaining a small-company feel. At Google, we know that every employee has something important to say, and that every employee is integral to our success.
We provide individually-tailored compensation packages that can be comprised of competitive salary, bonus, and equity components, along with the opportunity to earn further financial bonuses and rewards. Googlers thrive in small, focused teams and high-energy environments, believe in the ability of technology to change the world, and are as passionate