- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Data Dev Ops Engineer
NBC Sports Group
The GolfNow DevOps team is looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer for cloud-based infrastructures and operations. This individual is skilled in cloud architecture patterns and design, striving to build and maintain resilient, secure, and simple solutions to complex problems with business-wide impact. The candidate should be able to learn about, understand, and deploy unfamiliar software solutions with minimal oversight and few or no errors. They will contribute to GolfNow’s long-term strategy and execution with their research on new technologies and practices in the cloud. This person isn’t afraid to dive into high-pressure situations involving outages or short time-to-market initiatives, and thrives in a fast-paced, highly collaborative setting. They write simple, performant, and standardized applications in support of the platform, and can differentiate between and justify the use of custom development over canned or hosted solutions.
• 4+ years in DevOps, particularly in Linux environments.
• Adept at Bash shell scripting and common Linux tools for information gathering (e.g.: lsblk, ifconfig, etc.) and text processing (awk, sed, etc.).
• Experienced in at least two of the following programming languages: Go, NodeJS, C#, PHP, C++.
• Experienced in infrastructure-as-code software and related tooling, such as Terraform, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, and related technologies.
• Experienced in a public cloud hosting environment such as AWS, GCE, or similar.
• Experienced in containerization technologies like Docker or Rocket.
• Experience in popular relational and NoSQL databases, caching solutions, and message bus solutions.
• Understanding of CI/CD concepts and workflows, and experience with at least one popular CI/CD solution (e.g.: Jenkins, DroneCI, CircleCI, etc.).
• Experienced in popular source control solutions such as Git and TFS.
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
• Bachelor’s Degree in an IT related field and/or equivalent work experience.
• Ability to quickly assimilate new languages and technologies in a minimum amount of time with minimal direction.
• Experience in many popular containerized solutions in production environments, such as: MongoDB, Redis, Elasticsearch, RabbitMQ, MySQL, CrateSQL, NATS, and others.
• Experience with container orchestration technologies (particularly Kubernetes).
• Experienced in best practices regarding Linux security, networking, optimization, storage, and monitoring/auditing.
• Familiarity and comfort with message-passing and microservice-based architectures.
• Familiarity with hosted solutions involving logging, container storage, infrastructure, long-term storage, secrets management, CI/CD, and more.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
GolfNow, a division of Golf Channel is the internet’s largest online tee time reservation service, trusted by more than 1.5 million golfers. Using leading-edge technology, GolfNow provides more ways for golfers to stay connected to their favorite golf courses and tee times through the web, e-mail and mobile applications. As a partner to golf courses, GolfNow provides turnkey solutions to their operations (www.golfnowsolutions.com) with the main areas of focus on:
• Online marketing and distribution of tee times
• Web hosting, development and customer management solutions
• Revenue optimization, database expansion and other course products
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services,
About the company
NBCUniversal is where opportunities are found and careers are made. From the front lines to the top executive roles, we make it easy for potential candidates to explore opportunities and find the right fit with our team.