- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $18,000.00 - $30,000.00 unpaid work
- San Jose
Who You’ll Work With
Digitization, data science, and automation are transforming every business. The Connected Digital Interactions organization is playing a key role in transforming the sales, partner, and customer experience across Cisco. As part of the Cisco Experience function, this group is delivering upon a multi-year vision that digitizes the way Cisco engages with customers and leverages data science to intelligently drive action in an increasingly automated manner. This new organization is a catalyst for change that impacts all parts of Cisco.
The Connected Digital Interaction - Data Science team is an incubation hub for a range of initiatives that are changing the sales, partner, and customer experience. The team has been recognized for innovation both internally and through external industry awards. We’re looking for someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment in which they have significant responsibility and autonomy for delivering results and who gets excited about the prospect of significant learning and growth.
What You’ll Do
As a member of this dynamic and fast-paced team, you will prepare an easily accessible high performance “big data” environment, with a focus on designing, building, and integrating large volume of data. You will manage big data for data science activities to drive decision making across the organization.
Specific responsibilities include:
· Work closely with data scientists and analysts to design, create and maintain scalable data models and pipelines
· Acquire and integrate data from various data sources (cloud, databases, Hadoop, sensors, weblogs and social)
· Process and analyze huge sets of data in Hadoop (both structured and unstructured)
· Perform data discovery, integration and identify / fix data quality issues
· Build automate data pipelines and produce feature rich analytical datasets
· Implement automated processes for tracking data quality and consistency
· Perform impact assessment and deep dive analysis to ensure data integrity, usability and completeness
· 5+ years hands-on implementation or consulting experience building large-scale systems
· 3+ years of Software Development experience
· BA/BS degree required; Computer Science, Math or Technical background highly desired; Advanced Degree a plus
· Solid PL/SQL, Database design and Python development skills
· Good understanding Database design and data modeling concepts
· Team player with positive can-do attitude, energetic and proactive
· Experience with NoSQL (SAP Hana, HBase, HDFS, Cassandra or MongoDB)
· Hands-on experience Hive, Spark, Python, GCP (BigQuery)
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers. We Are Cisco.
About the company
At Cisco, transforming the way people work, live, play and learn also includes being a great place to work. For 17 years, we’ve been named a Fortune 100 Best Place to Work, one of a handful of companies included on the list since its inception. And, we are among 25 companies acknowledged as a world’s best multinational workplace.
We’re proud of this recognition because it means, at Cisco, you will enjoy working flexibly, using our own market-leading collaboration technology to drive innovation; taking advantage of numerous health and wellness resources; pursuing exciting career opportunities, and participating in programs to help your local communities or fulfill philanthropic interests. And, you’ll be doing all of this while being part of a global team that is making a positive difference in the world.
Learn why Cisco is a great place to work and what we offer you.