- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Req ID: 169598
Our D2C Story
We won’t chase the market, we will define it. We will bring audiences a product that doesn’t exist today. We will do it because no other company can deliver our brands to consumers the way we can. We have the passion, the commitment and the support to be the best. Join our direct-to-consumer team and show us your best.
The Data Engineer will build scalable data solutions to develop and grow the customer data platform for WarnerMedia's direct to consumer streaming service. He/She will partner with data architects, data scientists, and others to grow analytics capabilities that will be used to inform business decisions and product design.
- Design, implement, and refine scalable data solutions for a variety of stakeholders across WarnerMedia's direct to consumer division.
- Collaborate with data scientists, data architects and other data engineers to define technical requirements and discuss relevant metrics and data needs.
- Own, maintain and support existing platforms ensuring optimal performance. Develop capabilities to evolve solutions to new technologies.
- Perform debugging, performance measurement & optimization of new and existing data architecture and systems.
- Maintain detailed documentation of work to support data quality and governance.
- Participate in sprints, daily scrum meetings, retrospectives, etc. to ensure timely communication of project status and to maintain a focus on continuous improvement.
- Ensure high operational efficiency and quality of solutions to meet established standards.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, Master's preferred
- 3+ years' experience building consumer data capabilities, media and/or entertainment experience a plus
- Expertise/experience in these key technical areas/domains: AWS Cloud platform tools; Data warehousing tools such as Dynamo DB, Oracle, SQL, Amazon Redshift, Snowflake; Data Modeling and System Analysis; Data Platforms EMR, Data Bricks, AWS; Data Integration tools such as SQL, Spark, Scala, Python, Data Bricks, Airflow; R, Machine Learning
- Experience and knowledge with various Business Intelligence reporting tools (Microstrategy, Looker, Tableau) a plus
The Ideal Candidate
- Passionate about television, movies, entertainment, and technology.
- Deep understanding of the video streaming industry and be a champion for the consumer
- Believes in working fast, being accountable, and learning from mistakes
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation