- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $18,000.00 - $30,000.00 unpaid work
- RTP, NORTH CAROLINA, US
In Cisco IT, we have a unique opportunity- we actually get to use the technology we create!
We are Innovators. We drive innovation to propel business transformation while maintaining operational excellence.
We are Accelerators. We accelerate digital solutions to generate cost savings and productivity gains for enterprise growth and success.
We are Transformers. As customer zero, we transform the customer experience by being our own customer first.
With agility, quality, and security, we continuously deliver business outcomes.
Join us in delighting our customers and empowering our employees. Apply today!
What You'll Do:
As an Data Engineer you will:
• Be instrumental in achieving key business outcomes through insightful Data
• Design, Build, Enhance and operationalize end to end Data platforms and services
• Design and develop micro-services and APIs for real time Data access
• Ensure the quality, performance, robustness, and scalability of the platform and services you implement
• Partner with Architects to shape and deliver on the roadmap for Data Services
• Provide technical thought leadership to the development team, lead development team/tracks
• Provide technical expertise when evaluating new solutions in the Big data space
Who You'll Work With:
We are building a best-in-class team of passionate, result oriented problem solvers with the aim of enabling better data-driven decisions and thereby creating business impact. We are Integrated Marketing and Customer Experience IT team, our primary focus is to drive a better experience for our Cisco Customers. Whether it is creating a relevant and compelling experience for millions of monthly visitors on Cisco.com, empowering our sellers and partners with the right information at the right time to engage and sell, personalizing the post-sales experience, or optimizing experiences across all digital marketing channels and increasing the effectiveness of our lead-to-booking journey, we are there in the middle of it all working to connect Data and experiences from across the full racetrack keeping the Customer top of mind.
We operate as a startup: work hard, learn every single day, focus on doing measurable and impactful work; and have lots of fun along the way.
Who You Are:
Do you thrive in a complex big data agile development environment? You bring the ability to lead highly cross-functional teams. Good interpersonal skills are an important part of what you bring to this role.
Our requirements for this role:
• 5+ years of experience in Data analytics/Business intelligence/Big Data/Data Warehouse area
• BS/MS in Computer Science, Statistics, or a related field
• Experience in Big Data platforms/frameworks and tools such as Hadoop/MapR,
• Cloud Platforms (GCP and Snowflake/AWS) experience is a plus
• Experience in data ingestion, data processing, data pipeline and visualization desired
• NoSQL, Spark, spark SQL, Hive
• Attention to detail combined with creative thinking
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Experience leading development teams desired
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
About the company
At Cisco, transforming the way people work, live, play and learn also includes being a great place to work. For 17 years, we’ve been named a Fortune 100 Best Place to Work, one of a handful of companies included on the list since its inception. And, we are among 25 companies acknowledged as a world’s best multinational workplace.
We’re proud of this recognition because it means, at Cisco, you will enjoy working flexibly, using our own market-leading collaboration technology to drive innovation; taking advantage of numerous health and wellness resources; pursuing exciting career opportunities, and participating in programs to help your local communities or fulfill philanthropic interests. And, you’ll be doing all of this while being part of a global team that is making a positive difference in the world.
Learn why Cisco is a great place to work and what we offer you.