- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Position TypePermanent Staff (SHRA)Is this an internal only recruitment?NoPosition TitleSoc/Clin Research Specialist - JourneyWorking TitleData ManagerPosition Number20025052Vacancy IDP011038Budgeted Hiring Range$47,396- $56,472Pay Band InformationTo learn more about the pay band for this branch and role, please see the Career Banding rates spreadsheet.
Salary Grade Equivalent72/GN11Full-time/Part-time Permanent/Time-LimitedFull-Time PermanentIf time-limited, estimated duration of appointmentHours per week40Work ScheduleMonday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m
Department Name and NumberRadiology - Research-412802Date First Posted10/31/2019Closing Date11/22/2019Position LocationChapel Hill, NCPosition Posting CategoryResearch Professionals Position Summary Information
Department DescriptionThe Department of Radiology, School of Medicine at the University of North Carolina is committed to excellence in providing
radiological services to the people of North Carolina, training future radiologists and engaging in basic and clinical research. The
physicians provide services to patients at UNC Hospitals as well as additional sites across the state. More than one-half of the
faculty are also directly involved in research studies with other departments and universities.
Equal Opportunity EmployerThe University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, race, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran.
Position DescriptionThe Epidemiology Research Team (ERT) within the Department of Radiology conducts studies on cancer screening, comparative effectiveness of new technologies, and health services research.
The Department of Radiology is seeking a Social/Clinical Research Specialist to work with The Epidemiology Research Team. The Epidemiology Research Team is gearing up to embark on a newly funded lung cancer screening study. The study will build on prior research to expand a lung cancer screening registry that will study the use of low dose computed tomography (LDCT) for lung cancer screening in North Carolina.
The primary purpose of this position will serve as the Data Manager to provide data management, quality and control support for the NC Lung Cancer Screening Registry (NC LCSR) study.
Minimum Education and Experience RequirementsBachelor’s degree in a discipline related to the field assigned and one year of related training or experience; or equivalent combination of training and experience. All degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.
Essential Skills, Knowledge and AbilitiesKnowledge of social/clinical research principles, methods of data collection, and analysis skills.
Must be able to work both independently and in a team settings.
Deadline and goal driven.
Attention to detail and the ability to produce accurate results.
Ability to multi-task.
Effective communication skills.
Preferred QualificationsExperience as a Social Clinical Research Specialist is preferred.
Required Licenses/Certifications Special Physical and Mental RequirementsPosition/Schedule RequirementsValid NC Driver’s LicensePosition Attributes1.0Stimulus/ARRA FundedNoQuick Linkhttp://unc.peopleadmin.com/postings/171947 Contact Information
Office of Human Resources Contact InformationIf you experience any problems accessing the system or have questions about the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at (919) 843-2300 or send an email to email@example.com
Please note: The Office of Human Resources will not be able to provide specific updates regarding position or application status.
Applicant DocumentsRequired Documents
- Curriculum Vitae / Resume
- Cover Letter
Posting Supplemental QuestionsRequired fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please select the response below that best describes your experience/education for the Social/Clinical Research Specialist position.
- Bachelor's in a discipline related to the field assigned and at least 1 year of related training or experience.
- Associate's, Bachelor's, Master's, Doctorate in an unrelated field and at least 5 years of related training and/or experience.
- Master's and/or Doctorate in a discipline related to the field assigned.
- Associate's in a discipline related to the field assigned and at least 3 years of related training or experience.
- Combination of post-high school education and experience to equal at least 5 years of experience related to the field assigned (ex: 1 year towards a degree and 4 years experience).
- Did not complete high school but have a combination of high school education and related experience to equal at least 9 years (ex. 3 years of high school and 6 years of experience).
- None of the above
- * Do you have prior experience with data collection? If so, please explain. (Open Ended Question)
- * How many years of experience do you have with Microsoft SQL/Server?
- * Do you have excellent verbal and written communication skills required to collect and report project data?
- human resources
- ms project