- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company is looking for a Data Management Manager to join our Analytics and Management Services organization under Information Technology & Data Analytics (IT&DA) in Bellevue, WA. The selected candidate will be a relatively experienced manager leading a team of data scientists, data management developers and scrum masters focused on data availability for Enterprise business intelligence and insights.
The successful candidate will lead a high performing team of 10 to 15, and passionately mentor, coach and provide career development to the team. This manager is also expected to have strong cognitive and analytical skills, and understanding of Agile practices. The role requires collaboration across multiple stakeholders such as data scientists, functional and business analysts, infrastructure architects, enterprise architecture and software developers.
- Coach, mentor and manage a team of ~15 high performing data scientists, data management developers and scrum masters.
- Manage stakeholder requirements, review prioritized tasks for projects, and confirm resources and plans are in support of accomplishing goals.
- Facilitate design reviews, ensure adherence to architectural and security standards for data scientists and data management developers, and guide the team when necessary to make appropriate technical decisions.
- Collaborate with business partners as part of the planning cycle, budgets, and monitors progress to plan as part of the Agile practices.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders including development, product management, and external partners.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee
- Minimum 3 years of experience in people management, leading a high performing team
- Minimum 3 years of experience in data architecture, data science or project management as a lead.
- Minimum 3 years working in Agile environments or using SAFe practices.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a technical discipline. A technical degree is defined as any four year degree, or greater, in a mathematic, scientific or information technology field of study.
- Experience with one or more traditional data lake and warehousing platforms (Teradata, Hadoop, Oracle, Oracle Exadata, SQLSRV, etc)
- Effective verbal and written communicator
- Proven leadership and collaboration skills
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeingis a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply as soon as possible for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
- ms project
About the company
As we enter our second century, Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.