- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Airbnb is a global platform that connects travelers and hosts from over 34,000 cities. At the backbone of this is a world class customer support team and the innovative technology that enables them. The Support Products team aims to provide personalized, on-demand support for our users to resolve their issues quickly, surface the most useful information at the right time, and enable Airbnb Support to scale with the growing business.
We are looking for data scientists with particular strength in engineering skills to provide a strong data foundation to build upon for reporting, analysis, and modeling. We are looking for people with expertise in SQL/Python and large scale distributed databases like Hive/Presto/Spark, with a focus on Data Quality. And we are looking for someone who can translate those data into metrics, dashboards, and analysis. You will sit at the intersection of data science and engineering, and work collaboratively to achieve highly impactful outcomes.
This role is located in our Portland, Oregon office where we also have established product, engineering and business analytics teams.
- Architect data model, design logging, and define metrics to obtain a comprehensive understanding of how customer service agents are spending their time.
- Interface cross-functionally to drive product changes and logging that enable us to understand when and why tickets are transferred amongst agents. Redefine metrics and improve pipelines using this new data.
- Architect foundational changes required to move our fundamental unit of service from “ticket” to a “case”, which can involve multiple parties and tickets. Architect, build, and launch efficient & reliable new data models, schemas and pipelines to enable analysis and modeling.
- Collaborate with data architects and scientists across Airbnb to establish a framework for data governance and bring new standards to our team.
- Passion for high data quality and scaling data science work
- 3+ years of relevant industry experience
- Strong skills in SQL and distributed system optimization (e.g. Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Presto)
- Familiarity with setting up robust data integrity processes.
- Experience in schema design and dimensional data modeling
- Expert in at least one programming language for data analysis (Python or R)
- Ability to perform statistical analysis to inform business decisions
- Proven ability to succeed in both collaborative and independent work environments
- Detail oriented
- Familiarity with experimentation and machine learning techniques
- Experience with an ETL framework like Airflow
- Python skills preferred
- An eye for design when it comes to dashboards and tools
- $2,000 yearly employee travel coupon
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life & disability coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Daily breakfast and lunch