- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- New York City
BuzzFeed is looking for extraordinary data scientists to help shape our understanding of how readers use our products and shape what we build. We’re seeking passionate professionals who have a proven track record using data in a meaningful way, informing decision making, and driving the continued growth and success of a product. You balance technical expertise, domain knowledge and a capacity to be deeply inquisitive.
BuzzFeed’s data science team is diverse. The team uses data-driven methods to power decisions, inform strategy, build robust data products, and identify opportunities for innovation across the company. We are true hybrids - software engineers, statisticians, domain experts and analysts - who specialize in translating questions into methodical approaches, experiments, and products. We think deeply about the limitations of data, and communicate our output coherently.
- Deliver exploratory data analyses that shape your team’s roadmap and further our understanding of how audiences engage with content.
- Design robust experiments and evaluate their results.
- Make data-informed recommendations to partners in product, engineering, business and content teams.
- Monitor key product metrics and identify the root cause of changes in metrics
- Develop KPIs in a cross-platform world, balancing measures of engagement and revenue.
- Support development of data tools, such as dashboards, forecasts, anomaly detection, and our home-grown A/B testing platform.
- Communicate complex ideas in a clear way to partners across the company.
- Have the opportunity to grow as a manager of analytics and data science professionals.
- 2+ years of industry experience working on data-related initiatives.
- Good grasp of statistical concepts (e.g. hypothesis testing, regression)
- Proficiency manipulating data with Python.
- Proficiency with SQL.
- Experience with social data or media is a plus.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
- A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
- No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
About the company
An American internet news media company. It describes itself as the "social news and entertainment company . . . redefining online advertising with its social, content-driven publishing technology . . . provides the most shareable breaking news.