- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $4,312.00 gross per month
This job announcement will close upon receiving 75 applications or the announced closing date, whichever occurs first.
To empower businesses and individuals through quality customer service, innovation and collaboration.
To become a trusted partner to every Coloradan to help them navigate the complexities of government so they can thrive.
Welcome to the Colorado Department of Revenue. Learn more about us here:Colorado Department of Revenue.
The Department of Revenue offers 10 paid holidays per year, paid vacation and sick leave, discounted RTD Eco-Pass, BenefitHub program (discounted merchandise, food and travel, etc), CafeWell, employee wellness program and a greatbenefit package.
Description of Job
The Driver Control section exists to administer motor vehicle statutory requirements affecting drivers' privileges, and to compile and house motor vehicle related data and documents through data entry, electronic imaging, and filing. The section also provides copies, reports, and information pertaining to motor vehicle data and documents upon request from law enforcement, governmental agencies, and the public. The Data Services Team within Driver Control exists to manage customer's requesting an interface development to obtain driver specific data from the Division of Motor Vehicles.
The Program Assistant II manages the SQR (help ticket) work queue for the Driver Control's Data Services Unit
SQR Management - This position is the Driver Control Data Services Unit SQR responsible administrator making decisions which influence or determine the priority level of an SQR request, directly affecting the time line for completion.
- Project Management of all development and production support requests as it relates to interfaces to the DRIVES System
- Lead all testing efforts as it relates to interface SQR's.
- Identify New SQR Request
- Identify Urgent SQR Request
- Manage communications between development and customer; obtain and upload any necessary information or documentation to SQR notes.
Stakeholder Communication - The position is the Driver Control Data Services Unit SQR responsible administrator responsible for communications between stakeholders (customers, business vendors and internal team members).
- Communicate with customers to identify and research their business needs and to then determine the best course of action to complete their request
- liaise with the customer and Production Support to escalate an Urgent SQR
- attend conference calls representing Driver Controls interests regarding interface developments and other SQR requests with other internal partners and customers
- discuss challenges and independently make decisions to resolve issues which are delaying the process of interface development
Data Entry & Other Work - The PAII will enter data and information from various documents into the computer databases uses daily to create and SQR, Retrieve Data from the FCR System, DRIVES and other tools used to communicate with data partners and internal DMV Sections.
Minimum Qualifications, Substitutions, Conditions of Employment & Appeal Rights
Candidatesshall possess good communications skills (both oral and written) and interpersonal skills, the ability to multi-task, the ability to work responsibly with confidential information, the ability to work in high-stress environments, and the demonstrated ability to assist customers in an effective, efficient, and responsive manner.
Education and Experience:
Five years of progressively responsible general clerical experience. This experience should include experience designing and implementing general office and administrative procedures for a unit or department.
General Clerical work experienceis typically performed by office clerks and/or administrative assistants this includes, but is not limited to tasks such as:
- Experience providing exceptional customer servicein person, call center and/oronline; interfacing with a variety of people from many levels within the organization and community.
- Data Entry including: entering information into a program or database (appointments, contact information, customer records)
- Regular, daily workresponsibilities utilizingequipment and software used in offices (E-Mail, Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Google Apps, etc.)
- Regular, daily work responsibilities utilizing computer systems, scanners, printers, copiers, fax machines and other technologies
- Typing professional emails, letters, reports, briefings, forms, memoranda, etc...
- Reviewing and comparingdata for accuracy and completeness. Gathering specified information and compiling routine reports
In order to be considered for this position, your general clerical and/orcall centerexperience must be documented on your application. (Part-time experience will be pro-rated.)
Appropriate college courseworkin general business, information systems or other related fieldswill substitute for the required experience on a year-for-year basis.
The preferred candidate will possess previous experience in a fast-paced business environment:
- Data entry and/or record management experience
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Excel including but not limited to Pivot Tables and macros.
- Experience with data research, data analysis, data collection and data management methodologies.
- Experience extracting and compiling data for creation of ad hoc reports.
- Experience maintaining and providing recommendations for process improvements on data management programs.
CDOR Special Requirements
- All employees must be current with their income tax filings and payments with the State of Colorado. This includes successfully passing a pre-employment evaluation of your tax records/accounts.
- Employees are in a position of public trust in the performance of their job duties and must operate in a manner that maintains the highest standards of honesty, integrity, and public confidence. All job finalists require successful completion of a background investigation and reference check prior to appointment. Background checks may include national criminal, financial, traffic, civil, education, and/or experience checks or any other checks related to the job assignment. Fingerprint background checks and pre-employment drug testing may also be required for some positions.
If you receive notice that you have been eliminated from consideration for the position, you may protest the action by filing an appeal with the State Personnel Board/State Personnel Director within 10 days from the date you receive notice of the elimination.
Also, if you wish to challenge the selection and comparative analysis process, you may file an appeal with the State Personnel Board/State Personnel Director within 10 days from the receipt of notice or knowledge of the action you are challenging.
Refer to Chapters 4 and 8 of the State Personnel Board Rules and Personnel Director's Administrative Procedures, 4 CCR 801, for more information about the appeals process. The State Personnel Board Rules and Personnel Director's Administrative Procedures are available atwww.colorado.gov/spb.
A standard appeal form is available at:www.colorado.gov/spb. If you appeal, your appeal must be submitted in writing on the official appeal form, signed by you or your representative, and received at the following address within 10 days of your receipt of notice or knowledge of the action: Colorado State Personnel Board/State Personnel Director, Attn: Appeals Processing, 1525 Sherman Street, 4th Floor, Denver, CO 80203. Fax:303-866-5038. Phone:303-866-3300. The ten-day deadline and these appeal procedures also apply to all charges of discrimination.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to apply online. However, if NOT applying online, applications from Department of Revenue employees may be faxed to 303-866-3718.
APPLICATION, MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS
E-mail Address:All correspondence regarding your status in the selection/examination process will be conducted via Complete Online Application -detailing how your experience and education meet the stated minimum and preferred qualifications of the job. "See Resume" statements will not be accepted in lieu of a properly completed application.
A "Complete Application" must include:
- Complete Online Applicationdetailing how your experience and education meet the stated minimum and preferred qualifications of the job. "See Resume" statements will not be accepted.
- Resumedetailing complete adult work history in chronological order
- Cover Letterdetailing how their experience and background address the stated minimum and preferred qualifications/competencies of the job
- Completed Supplemental Questionnairefound at the end of the online application
- College Transcripts(when requested, or when using education to meet minimum qualifications)- acopy of your official or unofficial transcripts showing that your degree has been conferred and the name of your school, or your National Association of Credential Evaluation Services(NACES)accreditation.Only complete applications submitted by the closing date for this announcement will be given consideration. Failure to submit properly completed documents by the closing date of this announcement may result in your application being rejected.
The online application will be used to determine if you meet the Minimum Qualification requirements.It is imperative that you read the Minimum Qualifications and make certain that job duties and education (if applicable)