- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $102,540.00 - $137,414.00 gross per year
Under the direction of an administrator, the Dean, Enrollment Management and Services plans, manages and directs administrative activities related to enrollment services and enrollment management. The Dean manages the district-wide functions of enrollment inquiry, student records, registration, and financial aid. The Dean coordinates with the Deans of Instruction, Dean of Counseling, and various areas within Student Services in the production of the schedule, the Schedule of Classes and in the development of the College Catalog. The Dean regularly analyzes the effectiveness of the college's enrollment management activities and recommends methods for continuous improvement. The Dean is responsible for local, state and federal reporting and compliance with both education code and Board policy requirements.
- Serves as the co-chair of the college Enrollment Management Committee
- Provides primary leadership in planning, implementing, evaluating and coordinating registration and student records
- Monitors unit load and years of education for foreign students; verifies proper completion of required documents; prepares I-20 forms; oversees services to undocumented students. Provides oversight and monitors growth opportunity within these student populations
- Oversees all enrollment activities for concurrent enrollment programs
- Manages the oversight of program compliance, academic progress, SAP, graduation evaluations, credit by exam, subpoenas and related activities
- Prepare and submit annual reports to agencies as required and respond to program audits
- Certifies student athlete eligibility compliance to the California Commission on Athletics
- Supervises managers and staff, providing direction, communicating job expectations, providing employee training and professional growth opportunities
- Ensure staff compliance with collective bargaining agreements, related college policy, administrative rules, procedures, state and federal laws and regulations
- Provides leadership to the Financial Aid and Admissions and Records managers, leadership and staff.
- Provides leadership direction to the area for long-term planning of registration, degree audit, transcript evaluation and upgrade improvements to the College's student information system.
- Oversees the administration of program compliance, academic progress, graduation evaluations, transfer credit evaluations.
- Coordinates and directs the publication of the college schedule
- Recommends and participates in the development of policy as necessary to properly implement effective enrollment services and student support programs.
- Provides leadership to the development of necessary programs and services designed to assure student access, ease of entry and successful transition into college.
- Maintains knowledge of new developments and innovative enrollment management practices in community colleges and higher education
- Works collaboratively with instructional faculty and student support programs to incorporate Guided Pathway plans into the schedule and enrollment management planning
- Implements strategies and processes to perform and assess outcomes measures for programs and services; makes recommendations for improvements based on assessment.
- Collaborates with other departments/divisions to carry out the philosophy of a student-centered institution within an integrated enrollment services environment, in coordination with the college Strategic Plan
- Develops and maintain a current and relevant enrollment management plan
- Develops metrics and assessment methods to evaluate operations that drive continuous process improvement to optimize services to students and increase enrollment, within the parameters of the college Strategic Plan and the Chancellor's Office Vision for Success
- Advises and advocates for continual enhancement of best practice enrollment management tactics, including but not limited to recruitment events, recruitment marketing and communication flow, financial leveraging and literacy, segmented academic campaigns, contact and outreach, and retention strategies
- Ensure the college remains in compliance with financial aid requirements
- Works in partnership with the Office of Institutional Effectiveness and data governance teams to support robust monitoring and reporting of enrollment metrics, outcomes statistics and student surveysKnowledge and Abilities
Current issues, trends and best practices used in enrollment management strategies and principles
Different research methods for use in collecting data on enrollment efficiencies
Knowledge of applicable federal, state, local, District and college laws, rules and regulations
Demonstrated effectiveness in program planning, evaluation, and personnel management
Understanding of federal and state regulations relevant to community college financial aid and admissions
Familiarity with student discipline and/or grievance policies, procedures and administration
Academic standards and units of academic exchange
Budget preparation and control
Customer service issues and practices
Commitment to student equity and experience implementing these practices in student service delivery
Understanding of the mission of the California Community Colleges
Master's degree in Education, Leadership, Counseling, or other applicable academic area
Three years demonstrated progressively responsible leadership and supervisory roles in an educational setting
Demonstrated sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, ethnic, and disability backgrounds of community college students and employees.
- customer service