- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Department: KS Deli/Bakery
Post End Date:
Position Reports To: Store Management
Position Supervises: N/A
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Embrace the Customer 1st strategy to create an outstanding customer experience through exceptional service. Establish and maintain a safe and clean environment that encourages our customers to return. Assist the department manager in reaching sales and profit goals established for the department, and monitor and control all established quality assurance standards. Assist in directing, supporting and supervising all functions, duties and activities for the department. Responsible for assisting with the execution of best practices, goals and standards established for the department. Role model and demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Promote trust and respect among associates by communicating company, department, and job specific information.
- Collaborate with associates and promote teamwork to help achieve company/store goals.
- Establish performance goals for department and empower associates to meet or exceed targets.
- Assist in developing adequate schedules to manage customer needs.
- Assist in training and developing associates on performance of their job.
- Adhere to all local, state and federal laws, and company guidelines.
- Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome, important and appreciated. Inform customers of deli specials and recommend deli items to them to ensure they get the products they want and need.
- Gain and maintain knowledge of products sold within the department.
- Prepare deli items per customer requests using proper deli equipment.
- Provide customers with fresh products that they have ordered and the correct portion size to prevent shrink; Slice deli meats and cheeses using proper deli equipment.
- Use all equipment in deli such as the refrigerators, freezers, and ovens according to company guidelines.
- Assist in the development and implementation of a department business plan to achieve desired results.
- Stay current with present, future, seasonal and special ads.
- Schedule daily, weekly and monthly price changes by updating shelf tags and promotional signs.
- Assist in the planning, organizing and supervision of the inventory process.
- Adhere to all food safety regulations and guidelines: Prepare foods according to the food temperature logs and follow cooking instructions; Ensure proper temperatures in cases and coolers are maintained and logged.
- Reinforce safety programs by complying with safety procedures and identify unsafe conditions and notify store management.
- Practice preventive maintenance by properly inspecting equipment and notify appropriate personnel of any items in need of repair.
- Notify management of customer or employee accidents.
- Report all safety risk, or issues, and illegal activity, including: robbery, theft or fraud.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Effective communication skills
- Knowledge of basic math: counting, addition, and subtraction
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Current food handlers permit once employed
Desired Previous Job Experience
- High school education or equivalent preferred
- Management experience
- Deli experience
- Retail experience
- Second language: speaking, reading and/or writing
Leadership Behaviors: Achieves Results through Teamwork, Coaches and Develops Others, Communicates Effectively and Candidly, Executes with Excellence, Leads Change and Innovation, Leads through Positive Influence, Provides Clear and Strategic Direction, Puts the Customer First. For more information on the Kroger Leadership Behavior model, click here.
Education Level:High School Diploma/GED Desired
Required Travel:Up to 25%
About the company
Kroger, one of the world’s largest retailers, employs more than 339,000 associates who serve customers in 2,425 supermarkets and multi-department stores in 31 states under two dozen local banner names including Kroger, City Market, Dillons, Jay C, Food 4 Less, Fred Meyer, Fry's, King Soopers, QFC, Ralphs and Smith's. The company also operates 789 convenience stores, 337 fine jewelry stores, 1,109 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food processing plants in the U.S. Kroger also operates over 80 “The Little Clinic” retail healthcare sites inside select Kroger, King Sooper and Fry’s stores.
Recognized by Forbes as the most generous company in America, Kroger supports hunger relief, breast cancer awareness, the military and their families, and more than 30,000 schools and grassroots organizations in the communities it serves. Kroger contributes food and funds equal to 160 million meals a year through more than 80 Feeding America food bank partners. For more information please visit Kroger.com.