- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Do you love working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment? Are you passionate about helping others? Here at Grandview Pharmacy, a CVS Health company, we have a real passion for helping both our customers and our employees.
As a Delivery Driver for Grandview, you will work in an exciting and dynamic environment. You will collaborate with the pharmacy, patients, and nursing homes to ensure that all deliveries/pick-ups are made in a safe, efficient and effective manner. You will act as a liaison between the facility staff and our pharmacy, delivering medications with a strong sense of urgency directly to that patient’s home. As part of the delivery team, you will deliver top-notch customer service and positively impact the lives of others.
This part-time position will include 3-4 overnight shifts per week (11 pm - 7 am), including some weekends. Approximately 24-28 hours/week.
- Work with pharmacy staff so that all deliveries leave the pharmacy at the appropriate time and delivered to the designated location requested
- Transport and deliver medication and front store items to patients in a safe and secure manner to prevent damage, spoilage or loss
- Maintain delivery log of activities per policy and procedure, which may include checking and/or logging recipient identification
- Report status and any problems to pharmacy management
- Ensure patient confidentiality
- Maintain company cars by cleaning inside and out, fueling, and reporting any mechanical issues immediately to management If not given a company car, provide your own reliable, legal (registered and insured as required by your state law) transportation. Will be reimbursed for mileage
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills, as well as the ability to multitask and work under limited supervision
- Navigate their routes using basic internet map programs such as Google Maps or Map Quest
- Maintain a valid driver's license
- Possess and maintain a clear driving record
- Be able to communicate in English Ability to bend down, bend knees, lift and carry up 25lbs while walking upstairs
- Ability to be physically active for entire shift, as well as stand for intermittent periods of time
- Have a minimum of one year driving experience.
- Previous delivery or customer service experience preferred
- Previous overnight experience preferred.
- A verifiable High School Diploma or GED is required.
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW and EEO IS THE LAW
About the company
Millions of times a day, close to home and across the country, we’re helping people on their path to better health.
We’re reinventing pharmacy to have a more active, supportive role in each person’s unique health experience and in the greater health care environment—from advising on prescriptions to helping manage chronic and specialty conditions to providing quality walk-in medical care and pharmacy benefits management.
Because we’re present in so many moments, in ways that are more affordable and effective, we’re able to positively influence health behavior and shape the future of health care for people, businesses and communities.
Health is everything.
Through our more than 9,600 retail pharmacies, over 1,100 walk-in medical clinics, 75 million pharmacy benefit manager plan members, and expanding specialty pharmacy services, we enable people, businesses and communities to manage health in more affordable, effective ways. This unique integrated model increases access to quality care, delivers better health outcomes, and lowers overall health care costs. We leverage our unique combination to help payors control costs, improve patient access, and promote better health outcomes in a way that no other company can.