- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- New York City
Deloitte US Innovation - Big Data Cloud Architect
Location: New York City, NY
Deloitte US Innovation - Big Data Cloud Architect
If you are fascinated about how digital technology is transforming business, plan your next career move with Deloitte's US Innovation team.
Deloitte's breadth, depth, and scale, combined with our relentless passion for innovation create powerful opportunities to help our clients and our own organization stay ahead of change, deliver impact that matters, and transform complexity and disruption into lasting value.
Our Innovation team is already leveraging Artificial Intelligence, analytics and leading edge automation capabilities to transform how we serve clients and operate our business. Moreover, the team is also actively exploring nascent applications such as IoT, Blockchain and AR/VR.
Work You'll Do:
The Innovation team helps strategize, ideate and develop cloud-based technology solutions for the Firm and assists Deloitte's businesses (Risk & Financial Advisory, Audit, Consulting and Tax) in structuring and executing their individual innovation objectives.
• Scan market for new technology trends and develop strategy to adapt same
• Ideate and experiment on new innovative technologies
• Solution cross business and cross cloud platforms
• Collaborate with business users to understand their needs and solution new technology driven applications
• Develop high-level product specifications with attention to system integration and feasibility
• Communicate successfully all concepts and guidelines to development team
• Provide technical guidance and coaching to developers and engineers
The US Innovation group supports Deloitte's strategic innovation goals. The group focuses on sensing emerging trends; incubating breakthrough technologies and solutions; driving and orchestrating the firm's digital transformation; and communicating to our people and the marketplace the vision and impact of the firm's innovation and digital transformation efforts. The group also works with firm leaders to help set, shape, achieve - and then refresh - innovation goals.
The US Innovation group is unique in Deloitte. Its focus is to rapidly identify, shape, experiment and incubate new business opportunities that leverage leading edge technologies. We operate as a cross-between an applied R&D (emphasis on Development), venture capital investor and a start-up. All team members are respected and called upon for their creativity, insights and ability to make an impact, regardless of title or tenure. And most are challenged to work on multiple projects at one time. The work is intense, fast-moving and highly impactful; but most importantly fun and rewarding for those with passion for innovation.
Qualifications: Educational Requirements:
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering, Applied Math, Applied Physics, Science or related discipline from a top-tier program
- 2-5 years of experience as a Software Architect, working in microservices patterns
- 2-5 years of experience with open source technologies
- 1-3 years of experience in cloud
- 3-5 years of experience in software development and coding in one of languages (C#, Python, Golang, NodeJs, Java etc.)
- Experience in docker and container-based solutions
- Extensive experience with Agile methodologies
- Experience working in Data and Data related solutions (NoSQL, Relational, Graph, etc.)
- Experience in big data technologies like Spark, Hadoop, etc.
- Excellent knowledge of software and application design and architecture
- Understanding of software quality assurance principles
- Outstanding communication and presentation abilities
- Experience in developing Graph based solutions
- Experience working in a startup environment
- Experience and/or strong familiarity with Cognitive technologies
- Excellent knowledge of UML and other modeling methods
How you'll grow At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
Benefits At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Deloitte's culture Inclusion is a major part of how we lead. It invites authenticity, leverages our diversity, and fosters well-being. We seek out and involve individuals with diverse experiences and backgrounds because we know how critical this can be in making an impact that matters to our clients and our people. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Corporate citizenship Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We drive impact through our signature national programs: education and veterans, and through pro bono and other key programs such as board service opportunities and Impact Day. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
Recruiter tips We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals to help you prepare.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Services LP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Requisition code: E19NYCSMGRSW031-CL5
- - - - - -