- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
About this role Organization Global Investment Operations Functional Role Collateral Management Associate Market Title Derivative Clearing & Collateral Management Associate Technology & Operations On behalf of BlackRock clients, Global Investment Operations has responsibility for post trade execution and asset servicing of products worldwide. Investment Operations’About this role
Global Investment Operations
Collateral Management Associate
Derivative Clearing & Collateral Management Associate
Technology & Operations
On behalf of BlackRock clients, Global Investment Operations has responsibility for post trade execution and asset servicing of products worldwide. Investment Operations’ mission is to protect our clients’ investments by helping to establish policies, implement controls, and ensure scale, efficiency and consistency in the operating process, with the common goal of actively mitigating risk and exposure. As an organisation, our focus is on delivering a superior client service experience, driving organisational discipline, leading in a changing world and inspiring and engaging talent.
Derivative Clearing & Collateral Management is a global team dedicated to providing superior operational support across the organization with a client-centric focus. The group is primarily responsible for the management of collateral/margin across both Bi-lateral & Cleared Derivatives. It plays an integral role within the organization interacting with multiple internal and external parties to ensure risk is minimised, processes are efficient and high levels of client service are achieved. The facilitation of strong working relationships across all parties is imperative to ensure success in what is an ever changing and dynamic environment.
As an Associate within the Clearing and Collateral team, you will have the chance to play an important role in an exciting new phase of the Collateral Management evolution. As a key member within the team, you will bring your passion, energy, drive and experience to help establish a dynamic, diverse and forward thinking team in a key new BlackRock location.
You will work with your manager to achieve benchmark in client service excellence, aggressive risk management practises, process improvement initiatives and task execution. Above all, you will be responsible for helping create a culture of openness, inclusion and proactive engagement at all levels, developing a “bottom up” approach to problem solving that favours creative, data driven, innovative solutions.
You will have a unique opportunity to develop strong relationships with BlackRock’s many external providers (counterparties, brokers, custodians, clearing houses, Fin Tech firms). You will use your technical expertise to help connect industry intelligence and market trends with BlackRock’s technology and operational capabilities to help define and execute clear business requirements that will evolve the future process.
As data sits at the heart of BlackRock Operational capability, you will have chance to access the extensive Aladdin database to help drive and influence key decisions. You will utilise this information to work closely with our brilliant technology partners and other subject matter experts from across the firm to manage risk, improve scale and efficiency, enhance client service and reduce cost. There will be opportunities to get involved with process re-engineering, robotics and artificial intelligence (AI) functionality, and project managing the full automation of manual tasks.
• Participate in the seamless integration of Collateral Management, Exchange Traded Derivative and Cleared OTC functions into a core BlackRock location.
• Help create a culture of openness, inclusion and proactive engagement at all levels, developing a “bottom up” approach to problem solving that favours creative, data driven, “outside of the box” solutions. Some team leadership responsibilities may be required.
• Adhere to stringent Operational risk management targets (KRI/KPI), working with your manage to resolve and escalate aged or high value collateral or margin exceptions.
• Act as a technical expert by actively participating in weekly Technology / Operations meetings, collating and presenting BAU issues requiring remediation and helping ensure strategic projects remain on track.
• Develop strong relationships with external providers, ensuring BlackRock’s value proposition, technology roadmap, industry position is effectively communicated and supported. Participate in regular reviews to ensure BlackRock and our clients receives outstanding levels of service from all third party providers.
• Assist in ad hoc business development activities by acting as a subject matter expert, attending prospect meetings and providing Operational demos to support Aladdin implementation to external clients.
• Will be a self starter who enjoys operating in a fast-paced, high-intensity environment, who is capable of working as part of a global team.
• Will be a creative individual, who possess a passion for problem solving, is numerically fluent, has superior analytical skills and can think outside the box
• Will have a deep interest in data, metrics, analysis and trends but also an ability to think strategically and keep sight of the bigger picture.
• Will possess an entrepreneurial drive and technical insight to identify control gaps and drive process improvement initiatives.
• Will be an excellent verbal and oral communicator, capable of articulating complex problems in a simplistic manner.
• Knowledge of the Derivative post trade workflow is advantageous, but by no means essential. Candidates from a range of backgrounds who show the right aptitude, attitude and desire to learn, and who are capable of developing a deep technical expertise in this area will also be considered.
• Will have the ability to identify and resolve Operational risk embedded within the Collateral or Clearing function.
• Will be capable of gaining a thorough understanding of the Aladdin architecture framework, working with engineers / SME’s to implement technology plans and improve system capabilities.
• Experience using data to drive decisions, a willingness to challenge the status quo and to improve processes is essential.
• Customer service and experience facing off with clients or stake holders would be beneficial.
• Superior communication and presentation skills, with the ability to convey complex concepts simply and clearly to clients or stake holders.
• Must be fluent in English.
- Travel : No
- Direct Reports: No
- Licenses: No
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2019, the firm managed approximately $6.52 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/us/individual | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.
- ms project