- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- St. Louis
It’s great being part of a culture where entrepreneurship and team spirit are not just buzzwords. If you love working with a great group of people and desire the opportunity to grow, this is the place for you.
The Design Assistant Department Manager is responsible for the training and development of the Design Consultants, and for driving sales for Floor and Decor. Additionally, the Design Department Assistant Managers ensures customers have a positive sales experience by receiving exceptional customer service through design services.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in Interior Design preferred
- Two (2) years of interior design experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company and minimum of one (1) year of retail experience preferred
- Knowledge of hard surface flooring is a plus
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proficient in basic mathematical skills
- Must be self-motivated and able to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Willing to work retail hours
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Basic computer knowledge, including Microsoft Office suite
- Perform other duties as assigned
Essential Job Functions
- Greet every customer in a helpful and courteous manner
- Seeks new customers and supports store walk in needs
- Sells tile, wood, stone, and accessories products to complete the design plan
- Meet and exceed established goals
- Train, motivate and coach Design Consultants
- Complete specialist and certified training
- Responsible for understanding, utilizing, and managing design applications i.e.; SketchUp, proprietary Online Design Appointment Scheduler
- Maintain customer contact at a high level and understand relationship selling
- Maintain consistent communication with store leadership to support company goals and vision
- Conduct performance evaluations with Design Consultants
- In absence of Design Department Manager, maintain designer’s appointment availability in the online design appointment scheduler
- Responsible for Design Gallery maintenance and maintaining company visual standards
- Stay current on design trends and have an understanding of trends in your market
- Participate in Product Line Reviews in the absence of Design Department Manager
Working Conditions (travel, environment)
- Limited travel required including car travel
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to a warehouse environment and moving vehicles. The noise level in the work environment is typically moderate to noisy.
Medium Work – Ability to exert 20-50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10-25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects. The employee is often required to use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT: I acknowledge that I am applying to a position at Floor & Decor as a Designer and as part of the interview process I may be asked to complete a design skill assessment exercise. If I am asked to complete a design skill assessment exercise, I understand that the interview process will not be completed until I have completed the design skill assessment exercise. I understand that throughout the interview process I am not an employee and that Floor & Decor has no obligation to treat me as an employee. I understand that I am not guaranteed a job at Floor & Decor upon the completion of the interview process. I have no expectation of pay during the interview process. I understand that, during the interview process, I may use or create F&D tools, materials, designs, and other resources, all of which will remain at all times the properties and interests of the company.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Floor & Decor is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all associates and applicants. F&D recruits, hires, trains, promotes, compensates and administers all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable law.
This policy applies to all areas of employment, including recruitment, testing, screening, hiring, selection for training, upgrading, transfer, demotion, layoff, discipline, termination, compensation, benefits and all other privileges, terms and conditions of employment. This policy and the law prohibit employment discrimination against any associate or applicant on the basis of any legally protected status outlined above.
About the company