- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Why would you want this job?
This is a challenging and rewarding job where you will provide technical expertise on the functional verification strategy for next generation microprocessor designs. Bring your "A" game, because we need you to enhance our existing functional verification methodology and improve our existing infrastructure. You will perform project definition, training and documentation. You will independently develop quality, timely and cost effective solutions for our group, while interfacing with architects and TG/PG RTL/Designers.
What will my day-to-day look like?
- Perform functional feature verification of high speed Microprocessor designs, including development of infrastructure, directed and random test suites at behavioral RTL level across SoC, Core and block hierarchies.
- Develop environments, infrastructure and test plans to accommodate both full chip and stand alone block level verification and debug capabilities using simulation tools, debug tools and programming skills, based on in-depth understanding of the architecture and HDL/logical design of the microprocessor.
- Develop an automated regression infrastructure setup for functional verification of high speed microprocessor designs.
- Based on thorough understanding of the design architecture, develop, run and debug x86 assembly based directed tests and random exercisers to validate functionality and testability operation of the microprocessor design leveraging C/C++/Perl/assembly programming, logic design and simulation skill set.
- Resolve all simulation discrepancies and assertion responses for both behavioral and gate level logic models.
- Measure and analyze coverage results and take necessary actions to fill in coverage holes.
What are you looking for in top talent?
- BS and 2+ years experience, MS or Ph.D with some industry co-op experience desired (all degrees are related to CS or EE).
- Understanding or technical expertise in functional verification of microprocessor designs.
- Experience with Verilog/SystemVerilog HDL, programming in Perl, C/C++, logic simulation
- Direct experience with Verilog simulators is a plus.
- Very strong understanding of computer architecture and assembly programming.
- And as you might expect, great communication and collaboration skills.
Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. (AMD) (NYSE: AMD) is an innovative technology company dedicated to collaborating with customers and technology partners to ignite the next generation of computing and graphics solutions at work, home and play. If you have a passion for excellence and a drive to achieve, you belong at AMD. Our employees work hard, have fun, and thrive on success. We meet the challenges of an evolving marketplace by staying true to our corporate values, including an unwavering respect for individuals and a focus on retaining superior employees.
United States: Boxborough, MA – Massachusetts
For more information about how AMD is enabling today and inspiring tomorrow, visit the AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) website, blog, Facebook and Twitter pages.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee-based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and will consider all applicants without regard to race, marital status, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.