- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- New York City
Primary Job Location: United States:New York : New York
Role Value Proposition:
The MetLife Global Brand & Marketing (GBM) team has been evolving in line with MetLife’s transformation to a company that delivers greater value for our customers, employees and shareholders, Today, GBM is a strategic, customer-focused marketing practice that is dedicated to driving business impact across the globe. With a focus on customer led value propositions, relevant customer engagement and fostering a purpose driven brand, the team is committed to enhancing MetLife’s relationship with its customers and helping them navigate life’s twists and turns. GBM has 450+ employees in global, regional and local roles.
Within GBM, the Global Brand Design team (GBD) aims to evolve the MetLife brand and to deliver best-in-class customer experience. Within the team are two pillars, Progression that includes roles focused on Evolution and Systems, and Foundation that includes Production and Review, work together to create, execute and support these efforts.
The Design Lead of Brand Design, Systems, is part of the team responsible for the application, and constant evolution of MetLife’s brand design system across all media types, including digital, video and print, globally. The role will partner with local markets across the globe to direct internal and agency resources in the delivery of marketing and non-marketing materials aligned with MetLife’s brand design system, enterprise strategy and future vision. The role will also lead some creative design execution projects and be a critical part of a larger team delivering against high-impact marketing and corporate initiatives at the global, regional and local level.
- Brand Design Systems. Identifying areas to extend and evolve the MetLife brand by developing intelligent and scalable design systems and design, creating guidelines to codify and socialize those systems, and rationalizing all decisions with sound strategies. Under the direction of the AVP, Systems, this role will develop systems and design to be leveraged by regional and local market teams around the world for a consistent application of MetLife’s brand.
- Design Direction. Partnering with global, regional and local marketing teams and their creative partners to develop best-in-class executions against key business priorities leveraging MetLife’s brand design system, enterprise strategy and future vision. This may include training local teams, providing extensive design direction at all phases of execution to ensure alignment with and progression of the brand design system, and participating in appropriate stakeholder reviews throughout.
- Creative Execution. Partnering with the AVP, Systems and designer on key regional and local marketing initiatives from concept development through execution. Project assignment will be based on direction from the AVP Brand Design, Systems, with the end goal being world-class design on the most important marketing projects.
- Asset Development. Extending the asset library developed to support MetLife’s brand. This will include the development of systems across media that can be leveraged by local teams, and extension of photographic and illustration executions.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or required
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Minimum of 7 years professional experience in branding and design, spanning motion, digital and print.
- Formal education in design, a BA or BFA degree.
- Highly skilled in creative direction and systems design with the ability to ensure integration of key messages throughout execution, match channel to communication need and optimize outcomes.
- Expert ability to envision and build out a cohesive brand that illustrates how it can evolve while maintaining strategic threads to key brand attributes and built equity.
- Experience applying brand design systems to internal and external communications, video and content creation with an eye for editing, motion graphics and sound design.
- Experience working in or with digital teams focused on Digital Marketing, UX, Content, Social Media and Experience Design.
- Experience working in or with print production teams on specialized printing techniques, press, finishing technology with an eye to budget and resource implications.
- Expert design skills to create deliverables such as mock-ups, specifications, process flows, storyboards, PPT/Keynote/InDesign presentations for various initiatives.
- Excellent command of design fundamentals including typography, balance, harmony, negative space, photographic cropping, color theory, grid, etc.
- Interpersonal skills to build a cohesive team, integrate across departments, influence others and maintain positive, productive relationships with clients, and colleagues.
- Superb organizational and time management skills to balance multiple r