- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
OverviewGENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The PC Services Engineer is involved in all aspects of PC Services, resolving hardware and software problems in a multiple platform environment.
- Under the direction of the Manager of PC Services, provides second level support to end users
- Review and advise company’s standard PC hardware platforms
- Review and advise company’s standard PC software suite
- Implement and maintain the configuration of the PC Software
- Maintain and repair PC hardware
- Makes critical business decisions daily with minimal supervision
- Acknowledge and resolve user service requests utilizing the service request management system
- Broad application of standard principles, concepts and techniques, including working knowledge of related fields, toward the identification and resolution of user problems
- Provide resolution to a diverse range of complex problems
- Frequently interacts with all other areas of Information Services, and external customers as necessary
- Escalates more difficult user issues as appropriate
- Preparation and presentation of troubleshooting documentation via Help Desk FAQs
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
- Some College education or formal training
- 3-5 years of related experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Travel to off-site locations required.