- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $6,659.00 - $8,878.00 gross per month
Summary of Duties
The Development Review Manager reports to the County Engineer, and leads a team of inspectors and engineers within the Public Works department and is responsible for plan review and inspection of a variety of private/public development projects. The manageruses professional judgment and analysisto resolve issues and address complex matters related to staff management and compliance with County standards for development and construction of public works infrastructure.
The ideal candidate is an experienced engineer who leads with a strong customer service focus,has worked tosupport public and private development, andeffectively communicates with a variety of customers including engineers, contractors, inspectors and the public. The position requiresclear understanding of engineering codes, standards and best management practices, specifically roadway, stormwater, and utilities.
Other responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
- Manages the review, coordination and preparation of staff responses to applications concerning the construction of roads, stormwater facilities, utilities and grading on all land use applications, including single family residences, plats, special use and commercial permits. Provides critical review of design calculations and construction plans assuring compliance with adopted standards and requirements.
- Develops and implements section objectives, plans, policies and procedures.
- Establishes current and long range overall work programs, budgets, and staffing needs.
- Attends regularly scheduled meetings with various County agencies.
- Plans, organizes, and supervises the work of section staff. Recommends selection of staff, develops procedures and performance standards, provides training, monitors progress and evaluates employee performance.
- Reviews and resolves a variety of citizen complaints regarding grading, traffic, and drainage issues.
- Represents Public Works at public hearings before the Hearing Examiner and the Board of County Commissioners on land use cases.
- Reviews and approves all grading permit variances, stormwater variance requests for short plat projects, and covenants for all platting projects.
- Participates in contract administration as directed.
- May work as project engineer or designer on occasion when directed by the Director.
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering field and four (4) years of progressively responsible experience in the civil engineering field with work experience related to design and at least two (2) years of previous supervisory experience. A combination of experience and education can be substituted for the requirements.
- Registration as a Professional Engineerin the State of Washington with qualifications in Civil Engineering or the ability to obtain such license within six months of hire.
- Possession of a valid Washington State Driver's License or the ability to obtain within six months of hire.
- Ability to utilize a personal computer with appropriate software required of position.
- Ability to effectively supervise staff and establish priorities to ensure plan review and inspection schedules are met, and formulate new or revised policies or procedures to address emergent issues, increase section efficiencies and improve customer service.
- Thorough knowledge of civil engineering design, construction principles and practices, and familiarity with pertinent standards, guidelines, manuals, and specifications.
- Ability to apply engineering formulas, principles, and techniques to solve construction problems.
- Ability to accurately calculated complicated engineering formulas and assessments related to development fees.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
Other Position Related Information
For additional information on this position contact Scott Lindblom, County Engineer email@example.com, or 360-867-2329.
This position is:
- NOT Represented by a Union
- NOT Eligible for overtime under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Eligible for benefits
Items required for consideration:
- Letter of Interest
- customer service
- ms project