- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Our client is looking for a motivated and passionate software craftsperson to help increate, extend, and maintain the core of their software platform as theyexpand past their current offerings in services related to energy and convenience in order to take theirbusiness to the next level.
- Role: DevOps Engineer
- Location: Irving,TX
- Duration: Long term contract for 2+ years
- Start Date: Immediate
- Mode of Interview: Videofollowed by an inperson interview.
Note: Looking for 10+ years of overall experienceand who are ready to attend an inperson interview (Mandatory)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, enable, and deliver scalable and automated strategy - Infrastructure as Code.
- Build DevOps roadmap for the organization and drive teams.
- Enable "DevOps" mindset into the organization by working collaboratively with Dev and operations team.
- Ensure appropriate CI/CD pipelines are built and executed with automation and utilization of appropriate DevOps tool both Cloud and on-premise infrastructure.
- Design, develop, and support all AWS activities for various environments.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent, relevant experience.
- AWS certifications are a plus.
- 6+ years of experience in DevOps-driven industry.
- Experience with Atlassian JIRA defect tracking, ServiceNow ticket system, AgileCraft-scaled management software a plus.
- Experience with DevOps, ITIL, Cloud Services, IT Infrastructure and Operations, including environment standup, server builds, firewalls, security and compliance.
- Demonstrable, recent experience developing web-applications or microservices using Java and/or node.js a plus.
- DevOps and CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Salt, OpsWorks (for AWS).
- Must have in depth knowledge of mobile apps compilation, signing, packaging processes and deployments to various App Stores.
- Must have AWS cloud knowledge - EC2, Routing, Sub-netting and VPC's, Cloudwatch, RDS, Inspector, State Manager, IAM, SNS, SES, AWS Backups, vSRX Firewall and NAT.
- Scripting Knowledge such as Python, Perl, Groovy, Java.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, etc).
If interested, please respond with your updated resume to Jay.sankar (at) comtecinfo.com or can reach me directly at 972-666-5061.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to multi-task in a highly-dynamic environment.
- Ability to work under pressure and work well in a team environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate both written and verbally.
- Ability to work independently and problem solve with little or no supervision.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.