- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- San Diego
Location options: Visa sponsor, Paid relocation
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level, Senior
Industry: Health & Fitness, Health Care, Healthcare
Company size: 1k-5k people
Company type: Private
azure-devops, continuous-integration, release, automation
American Specialty Health, Inc. is seeking a DevOps Engineer II to join our Information Technology Operations team. The primary function of this position is to provide support to development teams through system administration, and managing web/network related projects as assigned by manager.
You are invited to learn more about American Specialty Health’s events on our events page.
- Participates in the development SDLC processes to create, support, and refine web applications.
- Actively involved in building out new environments for in-house built applications.
- Supports application environments including Windows Server, IIS, SQL Server, load balancing and other 3rd party applications that interface with in-house built applications.
- Supports and configures TFS/VSTS, Build Servers and Release Management servers.
- Supports web site/application deployments via VS Release Management and TFS/VSTS.
- Supports build and branching strategies in coordination with the development teams.
- Maintains scripts created to support automation of build and release tasks.
- Supports Big-IP F5 LTM and related applications as part of application environments and deployments.
- Implements and maintains automation/scripting via Powershell, DSC, and SCCM.
- Works with software, infrastructure, network engineers and DBAs to solve productivity challenges, drive efficiency and automate environment builds and application releases.
- Develops and supports monitoring solutions to ensure application performance and availability goals are met.
- Implements and maintains cloud based infrastructure, security access policies, and automated provisioning.
- Works with Enterprise Security and development teams to support vulnerability and software security testing processes and tools.
- Coordinates firewall, S2S VPN, and router modifications with Network team as part of creation and support of application environments.
- Participate in on-call support rotation and takes ownership of escalated problem resolution.
- Attends scrum team, departmental and staff meetings to discuss issues and foster teamwork.
- Attends industry seminars, conferences, training classes and reads industry journals to stay current on technology and security.
- Attends industry seminars, conferences, training classes and reads industry journals to stay current on technology.
- Bachelor’s degree in a computer related field or equivalent experience. If equivalent experience, high school diploma required.
- Microsoft MCSE 2012 or 2016 certification with a focus in cloud infrastructure is a strong plus.
- 5+ years in a fast-paced, customer-facing, mission-critical environment is preferred.
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record. Availability of automobile for on the job use and proof of insurance.
- Strong knowledge of Azure cloud service models (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS), Azure virtual networks, Azure Active Directory; including provisioning, troubleshooting, and monitoring.
- Strong, confident knowledge of the Windows Server operating system and Internet Information Services (IIS)
- Strong knowledge of virtualization technologies (VMware vSphere strongly preferred).
- Strong knowledge of installation, configuration, upgrade, and provisioning tasks using PowerShell or other common scripting languages (Python, Perl, VBscript, Bash).
- Strong knowledge of DevOps concepts, tools, and architectures.
- Strong knowledge of software development processes within an agile/scrum framework.
- Ability to research and evaluate new and existing tools and technologies, and effectively communicate engineering decisions to stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal, communication skills, and team player.
- Strong knowledge of networking components, protocols, and security (subnets, firewalls, routing, DNS, HTTP, TLS/SSL, etc.).
- Strong knowledge of supporting build and release processes and tools (Visual Studio Team Services/Team Foundation Server strongly preferred).
- Strong knowledge of load balancing technologies; F5 BigIP LTM strongly preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Configuration Management technologies (DSC, Puppet, Chef, Ansible).
- Strong knowledge of application monitoring, alerting, and automated remediation.
- Strong knowledge of MS SQL Server and writing and executing SQL queries.
- Strong knowledge of automated software testing tools and practices.
- Strong knowledge of resiliency and disaster-recovery practices and technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
- Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
- Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.