- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world––in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices, and branded generic pharmaceuticals––that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 99,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
The Diagnostics Value Expansion Sales Specialist will drive value expansion goals and economic profitability by conducting thorough analyses, customer business reviews, and identifying improvementopportunities within customer segments. The Diagnostics Value Expansion Sales Specialist drives to support the Sales Ambassadors to improve economic profitability & increase revenue.
- This is a remote-based position covering the following states: Texas, New Mexico, and Arizona.
- Qualified candidates must currently reside in, or near, one of the following cities: Houston, TX or San Antonio, TX or Austin, TX.
- Relocation assistance is not authorized for this position.
- Analyze, develop and achieve value expansion goals through creation of account-specific plans.
- Review contract compliance (volume, pricing, utilization, efficiency, Free of Charge).
- Review and assure Abbott adherence to customer KPIs, and identify improvement opportunities.
- Prepare and participate in customer business reviews.
- Support and drive Ambassadors in commercial sales and value expansion.
- Support Ambassadors in sales process for renewals.
- Provide strategic pricing support.
- Analyze and optimize instrument utilization.
- Manage lifecycle of instruments and assays.
- Cost Per Reportable management.
- Collaborate with Ambassador and other matrix functions to ensure successful achievement of goals.
Key Position Deliverables
- The Diagnostics Value Expansion Sales Specialist interacts with many levels within the Customer (Lab Managers, Clinicians, Procurement and Finance, potentially C-Suite).
- Key internal stakeholder interactions include: Customer Experience District Manager, Abbott Ambassadors, Marketing, Sales Specialist team, Hematology, Informatics, Lab Solution Design), Enterprise Accounts team, Finance, Contracts & Pricing, Contract Managers
- Key performance metrics:District sales, margin, and plan; Positive Economic Profitability momentum; Growth rate achievement; Customer contract compliance, and Customer Net Promoter Score growth.
Minimum Position Requirements
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years' of sales experiencein the diagnostics, point of care, medical device, capital equipment, or laboratory industry.
- Must be willing to travel up to 80% in the assigned territory and other locations within the US to support strategic business needs.
Preferred Position Requirements
- Demonstrated ability in driving Care Pathways/Protocols in a hospital setting
- Ability to speak value at the C-Suite and Chief of Services level
- Understanding of value-based healthcare (i.e., changing healthcare and what hospitals/IDNs are doing to compete and gain better reimbursement)
- How to drive Prescriber behavior in a hospital system
- Lean Sigma trained
- Population Health training
- MBA Degree
United States of America : Remote
Yes, 75 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf
About the company
At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and www.facebook.com/AbbottCareers, on Instagram @AbbottGlobal, and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
We invite you to explore opportunities at Abbott, to see if your talents and career aspirations may fit with our openings. An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.