- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Aurora University seeks talented staff and administrators who are passionate about supporting an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning.
Position Purpose: The Digital Communications Manager is responsible for the strategic design, implementation and management of Aurora University’s digital presence by ensuring that all websites within the aurora.edu domain have a consistent look, feel, tone, style, voice and navigation; are well-written and fact checked; are up to date; meet the needs of target audiences with high usability; and perform optimally for the university’s computing and mobile devices.
- Represents Aurora University in the most positive manner with prospective, former and current students, clients, suppliers and the community we serve. Interacts effectively with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students and other customers of our service, learns and uses operating practices of the department and Aurora University.
- Upholds the Mission Statement: Aurora University an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning.
- Handle confidential information with tact and discretion.
- Supports learning through performance of essential job functions and performing other duties and functions as necessary or as assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
- Working collaboratively with University Communications web development and content team, provides support building and maintaining engaging and dynamic university websites.
- Assists with front-end web development for Aurora University website properties,including updating websites, applications and other web assets.
- Demonstrates willingness to learn advanced front-end development skills that support user interface, user experience and client-side technologies.
- Assists in the use of web analytics to monitor, report on and make recommendations for improvements to websites.
- Provides support in customizing and extending the content management system functionality to address information obtained through web analytics, as well as meet the evolving needs of the users.
- Assists in writing and curating website content.
- Develops strong search engine optimization (SEO) copy to maximize indexing and ranking.
- Works collaboratively with colleagues across campus to support the web development and content team in determining the best marketing approach for clients.
- Assists in ensuring that all sites perform according to applicable web standards and best practices.
Essential Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field; Additional degrees in Journalism, English, or Integrated Marketing desired.
- One or more years of relevant experience.
- Experience with content management systems.
- Familiarity with testing and debugging.
- Ability to understand and interpret Google Analytics.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to think like a storyteller.
- Ability to use a computer terminal.
- Ability to move about campus and other locations.
- Ability to work occasional evening and weekend hours.
Benefit-eligible positions offer excellent benefits including health, dental, life, vision, long term disability, a 403(b) retirement plan through TIAA, and tuition remission. Please send resume with cover letter and contact information for three references including name, telephone and email address.
347 South Gladstone Ave
Aurora, IL 60506
630-844-5650 - fax
email@example.com - email
Aurora University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.