- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
Position SummaryInternalCommunications, a function of Global Communications & Public Affairs(GCPA), is charged with enterprise wide internal communications for MarriottInternational, including amplification of Marriott’s corporate storytellingthrough an agile and integrated platform that includes social and digitaldistribution channels. The internal communications team is responsible for thestrategy, creation and overall management and delivery of a portfolio ofenterprise-wide communications programs and channels that is designed toeducate, engage and excite Marriott associates globally while also continuingto advance the Company’s culture and values.
The Digital Community Manager is an integral memberof the Global Internal Communications team and is responsible for theday-to-day operation and management of Marriott International’s intranet aswell as the content contained within the intranet’s digital communities. TheDigital Community Manager is responsible for providing appropriate guidance to communityowners in order to maximize the effectiveness of the content within the community,ensuring the visual aesthetic and effectiveness of the intranet are maintained.Digital Community Managers work with their colleagues to understand customer needs,recommend the best products or services to meet those needs, and delivertechnology enabled solutions to meet those needs, all while continuouslyimproving the overall process.
This position reportsdirectly to the Lead Digital Community Manager.
Theprimary responsibilities of this position include:
- Designs and develops digital community pagesincluding the page layout and the overall aesthetic appeal of assigned contentareas
- Develops,writes, and publishes content for internal customers enterprise wide.
- Responsiblefor governance and oversight of information assurance and related processes topurge outdated information
- Analysisof digital community and content analytics, including the creation anddistribution of metric reports, the processes and training that supportscustomers and other content publishers to effectively analyze and react tointranet traffic.
- Consultswith internal clients to understand internal communication needs. Collects,organizes, edits and publishes content in response to requests received frominternal customers, in a manner consistent with established service levelagreements.
- Partnerwith various groups on the implementation of pilots and roll-outs of theintranet to each functional area. This includes providing guidance on contentmigration from the existing platform, engaging users on the use of new tools,and success measurement.
- Supportintranet community owners in maintaining active communities, includingdevelopment of community management best practices. Oversee authoring andapproval protocols for publishing and help monitor user-generated content forappropriateness (e.g., user design, visual aesthetic, completeness, accuracy).
- Ensureongoing support and training to various user types, including average users,content owners, department owners, and community owners. Assist with thetraining of new authors on the use of the intranet’s publishing system as wellas on new capabilities/features of the content management system.
- Createand support a community of Digital Community Champions.
- Workscollaboratively and productively with colleagues in Internal Communications,Global Communications and Public Affairs (GCPA), and other key stakeholders.
- Works toimprove processes; actively seek user and customer feedback.
- Works onspecial content projects and other duties as assigned.
- Proactivelyconsults on messaging and design.
- Routinelyreviews digital communities to ensure their content is up-to-date and accurate.
- Constructnew pages using content management system publishing templates, based oncontent provided by stakeholders, information architects and designers.
- Createnew or edit existing digital community pages on an as-needed basis.
Candidates should possess knowledge and experience as well asdemonstrate strong leadership and relationship skills as follows:
- Minimumof three (3) years of experience in a similar Internet/intranet design andcontent management position with equivalent skills, including advanced webprogramming languages, CSS, metadata, content layout, web analytics, andwebsite quality assurance.
- Demonstratedexperience using a content management system to load or maintain information ona website.
- Relevantexperience on a large-scale, global, technology-related systems and projects.
- Strongwritten and verbal communication skills; effective knowledge of English usage,punctuation, and grammar, with an emphasis on writing and editorial skills andformats.
- Goodinterpersonal skills and ability to interact effectively with a large number ofinternal customers (experience in customer service and/or hotel operations aplus).
- Independenceand ability to manage multiple projects effectively in a fast-paced environmentwith minimal supervision.
- Experiencewith a variety of desktop software products, including Microsoft Word,PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
- Exceptionalorganizational, time-management, and project management skills. Ability toprioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Abilityto analyze content and channel effectiveness.
- Abilityto adapt work hours occasionally to support projects.
Education:Bachelor's degree required. Master’s degree a plus.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.