- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Digital Consumer Bank Control Director - Chief Controls Office, Barclays US Consumer Bank - 90227230
Posting Range:19 Mar 2019 - Ongoing
Date live: March 19, 2019 Business Area: COO & Functions
Location: Wilmington, DE Area of Expertise: Chief Controls Office
Reference Code: 90227230 Contract: Permanent/Regular
Digital Consumer Bank Control Director – Chief Controls Office, Barclays US Consumer Bank
The Chief Controls Office (CCO) is responsible for owning and driving the controls agenda for the business/function. This includes things such as providing an aggregated view of the controls agenda, providing analysis on thematic issues, providing controls governance and partnering with their respective areas on control initiatives.
This is a key leadership position reporting to the US Consumer Bank (USCB) Control Director with responsibility to govern, monitor, measure and assure that controls are operating with sufficient maturity to ensure that the Digital Consumer Bank runs within risk appetite.
What will you be doing?
• You will work closely with Executive Management to assure that Control and associated frameworks are embedded in the business strategy and colleagues are aware of and understand their responsibilities.
• You will work with the business and functional partners to ensure a consistent approach to the ERMF (Enterprise Risk Management Framework), the Barclays Control Framework (BCF), and all Cards & Payments and Barclays Group policies; and standards are embedded and adhered to in an effective and efficient way.
• As a member of the Management Team, support the USCB Control Director to drive the Control agenda across the business by providing oversight and leadership to the control teams and assure the Business operates in control and can objectively demonstrate control, identifying and addressing common and thematic issues and driving consistency and efficiency where appropriate.
• Establish strong relationships with senior stakeholders in order to effectively collaborate and inform the conduct risk strategy and agenda across the business.
• Define and lead the controls agenda for the Barclays US Consumer Bank business.
• Ensure appropriate visibility of the Digital Bank business controls environment is provided to executive management.
• Review new business and material growth initiatives to ensure they are being
developed with appropriate controls.
• Collaborate with central CCO service teams to ensure MI and assurance provide
Barclays USCB with the visibility on the highest risk areas of their control environment.
What we’re looking for:
• Bachelor’s degree
• 10+ years of experience in a front line business Risk & Control role
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Strong working knowledge of external regulation across multiple geographies and an understanding of consumer banking/payments businesses.
• Strong stakeholder management skills and the ability to build collaborative relationships with others to help create a flexible organisation.
• Encourages working across teams, functions or businesses to create ‘boundary less’ behaviour.
• Able to analyse and forecast trends, developing and implementing steps to reduce risks.
About Barclays in the US
Barclays offers corporate and investment banking and credit card services in the US. Our 10,000 US colleagues are located in offices across the country, with headquarters in New York City. In 2017, Barclays announced plans to create a world-class campus in Whippany, New Jersey, for our Technology, Operations and Functional teams in the US. Other principal locations include Delaware, Nevada, Ohio and Maine
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured,
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.