- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Job Location: Whippany, NJ or Tampa, FL
Role Value Proposition
MetLife’s Investments IT Group is seeking a hands-on senior software engineer to help implement our next generation enterprise integration platform for our Asset Management business. The candidate will have experience developing service-based architectures for the front, middle and back office systems of a buy side asset manager. The candidate will draw on your applied experience implementing mission critical investment management systems to assess, design, and code solutions that align closely with our business partners’ needs. Initial responsibilities will also include providing technical leadership and hands on support for the integration of MetLife platforms with the vendor hosted digital portal platform.
- Devises and implements solutions that meet complex business needs tactically, while designing for future enterprise solutions, implementing solutions that utilize hybrids of PaaS, SaaS, cloud and on-premise infrastructure.
- Lead by example by being hands on in all aspects of the SDLC including requirements gathering, test plan creation, unit test development, coding and ensuring operational readiness for our solutions.
- Ensures consistency and maintainability of solutions by hardening designs for fault tolerance and ensuring standards and procedures are implemented.
- Acts as a mentor for technical staff and may lead a matrixed team. Reviews work products from team and vendor consultants.
- Quickly learn and apply new tools and techniques as appropriate and comfortably execute in a dynamic environment where mission-critical priorities can require the need to reprioritize work from time to time.
- Follows approved SDLC and project management methodology, ensuring that all required steps are followed, all required deliverables are produced, and all approvals are obtained.
- Collaborates with enterprise architecture and other development teams to ensure consistency and adoption of reference architectures across a multi asset class platform inclusive of data, workflow, logical processes, hardware, tools etc.
- Designs use cases, functional specifications, and prototypes.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
- 8+ years of experience developing and implementing solutions that utilize the full stack
- 2+ years recent experience with the MSFT stack .NET Core, SSIS, SSAS, SQL SERVER, TFS
- 2+ years recent experience with service based and message-based architectures (MQ, JMS, …)
- 3+ years’ experience leading technical projects of varying sizes and scopes
- Ability to interface with customers at varying levels - excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in the creation of products in both agile and incremental waterfall methodologies
- Experience providing direction to technical staff in a corporate/matrixed environment
- Developing cloud-based solutions, preferably utilizing Azure
- Experience with containers utilizing any of the following Kubernetes, Docker, Docker Swarm
- Experience with big data solutions such as Mongo, HDFS, HBASE, COSMOSDB, Elastic…
- Applied experience within a buy side or sell side asset manager
- Recent experience with Agile methodologies and DevOps with TFS (CI, CD, CT)
Number of Openings
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.