- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- New York City
Digital Product Designer - 90230341
Primary Location:US-New York-745 Seventh Avenue, New York, NY
Posting Range:27 Mar 2019 - Ongoing
Digital Product designer
New York, NY
Digital Strategy Group (DSG) is a cross-functional team in the Markets front-office business. DSG’s mission is to define forward-looking digital strategies to defend our existing businesses, aggressively identify new revenue opportunities, and deliver digital solutions to improve productivity and enhance client experience.
DSG coordinates across businesses and oversees implementation of pan Markets digital strategy initiatives. The team consists of product managers, designers and business representatives. DSG is responsible for assessing emerging trends, technologies, potential client and vendor partnerships and building digital products that could transform the way we and our clients do business.
DSG works in partnership with the Trading, Distribution and Research as well as the Group Innovation Office, Statistical Modelling and Development, Data Science Platform, Technology and Operations. By leveraging our Data Science Platform, Digital Strategy will be responsible for developing advanced analytics, creating workflow tools and apps and integrating third party software to deliver revolutionary tools.
What will you be doing?
This is a great opportunity for an experience product owner to drive innovation in a Global Markets Front Office role.
• Partner with business users to gather requirements and user journeys
• Design sketches, wireframes and interactive prototypes to inform product development
• Define UI standards and UX processes for Markets
• Drive change by bringing the latest industry UI/UX practices into the firm
• Work closely with development teams to build out a reusable component library
• Be a conceptual thinker and inspire colleagues and stakeholders
• Partner with client-facing technology team to improve UX/UI design, improve functionalities, and drive adoption of newly developed functionalities
• Proactive in solving problems effectively and constantly push for a customer-centric approach whilst delivering on required business objectives
• Identify and implement process improvements within the team
• Work closely with business stakeholders, challenging business propositions through clear reasoning and evidence to help influence the direction of projects
• Communicate effectively with design and development teams, business analysts, solutions architects, product owners
What we’re looking for:
• 4-year college degree, 3+ years experience in UX/UI design
• CSS Expert/frameworks – Bootstrp, Materialize, Angular Material
• Experience in user experience research, interaction design, visual design
• Proficient with tools including Sketch, Photoshop
• Knowledge of working with UX teams and designers
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Experience working in a Financial organisation or awareness of financial concepts
• Start-up experience a plus
• Familiarity with Agile approach to development
Where will you be working?
You will be working at our Americas Headquarters at 745 Seventh Avenue. This 37-story office tower is located in Times Square in the heart of Manhattan and features a cafeteria, fitness center and state-of-the-art LED signage on the facade of the building.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.