- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Zoro.com is an eCommerce company that sells business supplies, equipment, and tools—but we’re much more than just a website. We’re a team of people who win and lose together (we prefer winning!). Since 2011, Zoro has been working hard to make it easy for our customers to purchase everything they need to make their businesses go. Zoro currently offers 3 million products, fast and free shipping, no-hassle returns, and exceptional customer service. We’ve grown quickly in a short time, recently surpassing 400 team members and reaching annual revenue of over $500 million. Add to that our award-winning culture—we were named a Great Place to Work for 2019-20, among other accolades—and we think Zoro is a pretty amazing place to work and grow.
Zoro is creating innovative Ecommerce solutions that are transforming the MRO Industry. We are looking for passionate, driven people who want to join a high energy, uber growth team.
The Digital Product Owner will work with UX, Project Management, Development teams and other key Zoro Stakeholders in order to plan, execute, build strategy for, and create continuous value for Zoro and its customers as they interact with Zoro through its website. He or she will create a holistic strategy and roadmap based on business requirements and user needs. The Digital Product Owner will work closely with the Director, Digital Product Management and other product owners to make sure that each product’s strategy matches the overall strategy for the website and the company.
This position will take ownership of an “Experience”, or Ecommerce product, on the website and its success at Zoro. The ideal candidate has a passion for discovering and acting on user behavior and feedback while driving business value. The Digital Product Owner reports directly to the Director, Digital Product Management and has no direct reports.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Make tactical and strategic decisions for key Ecommerce experiences on the website; work with the Director, Digital Product Management to make sure these align with overall Customer Experience Strategy.
- Clearly communicate the vision, value, and scope of an initiative to design and technical teams as well as other product owners.
- Own and prioritize the backlog for specific Ecommerce Experiences on Zoro, including stories, tech debt, and bugs.
- Work with a project manager, technical product owner, and design and development teams to define the scope and goals of products and features.
- Work together with our team of experienced UX and UI designers, exploring user needs and understanding how they can be best translated into new iterations of current or new features for Zoro.com.
- Execute the role of product owner within an agile/scrum design and development team, including participation in backlog refinement, daily stand-ups, and retrospectives.
- Manage relationships with outside software providers on an ongoing basis.
- Manage performance of the Ecommerce experience on Zoro.com, including creating processes, workflows, and defining KPIs to ensure and measure their success.
- Analyze and Report on features in order to make tactical and strategic decisions for future iterations.
- Identifies and creatively removes key barriers that may impede implementation and success of their Ecommerce product on Zoro.com.
- Conduct UAT and communicate design, business, and user expectations effectively to QA.
- Commission testing and optimization strategies for your Ecommerce experiences.
- Manage communication and training for new features across the organization and to customers if necessary.
- Maintain competitive and marketplace awareness through research and analysis of current best-in-class and emerging techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage a variety of strategic and tactical projects, and deliver value through new features.
- Must be an intelligent, articulate and persuasive team member who can effectively work with leadership, and who is able to communicate concepts to a broad range of technical and non-technical staff.
- Proven track record of gathering requirements and translating into user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Ability to build strong interpersonal relationships with Customer Service, UX/UI team, QA, developers, and other internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to give clear and consistent vision of an initiative to technical teams and stakeholders.
- Exceptional writing proficiency and oral presentation skills.
- Ability to develop, lead, motivate and supervise working teams.
- Excellent analytical skills and proven ability to understand and clearly explain technology.
- May require limited travel (less than 10%) 1-2 times per year for partner visits.
- A passion for identifying business opportunities by providing an awesome customer experience.
- Demonstrates the Zoro Values of Transparency, Ownership, Winning and Losing Together, and Customer Obsession.
Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field required, preferably in business, IT, computer science, engineering, project management or another technology-focused field, or equivalent experience. Master’s Degree a plus.
- 3-5 years’ of Product Ownership experience, preferably in a scaled-agile environment, with an emphasis on customer facing products and B2B E-commerce, ideally demonstrating a basic level of understanding of the MRO industry.
- 3-5 years of full-time experience managing the implementation and strategy, and roadmap of key business initiatives, or eCommerce projects.
- 2-3 years’ experience using Google Analytics or similar software.
- 2+ years of direct experience working in an Agile (SCRUM) product development environment with a detailed understanding of the role of the Product Ownership in the SCRUM or scaled Agile methodology. Preference given to those with Agile Scrum certification.
- 2-3 years’ experience with JIRA and Confluence software, or other enterprise level project tracking software.
Final note: We share a commitment to our Zoro values – Win & Lose Together (We prefer winning!), Take Ownership, We Are Transparent, and Aspire to be Customer-Obsessed. Everything we do at Zoro is centered around delighting our customers. It's a natural extension of our company culture and how we care for each other. We believe when we act in ways that are consistent with these values, we can solve any technical challenge that lies ahead of us. As a Zoro employee, you can expect to work with smart, energetic people, learn something every day, and be valued for your perspective.
Zoro is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
About the company