- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Do you aspire to enhance the lives of others while enjoying a positive work environment?
Wesley Enhanced Living (WEL) is dedicated to making a compelling difference in the lives of our residents through providing excellence and innovation in aging services.
If you are looking for an inspiring and rewarding workplace, Wesley Enhanced Living is a great place to be!
Wesley Enhanced Living is a retirement community providing Independent Living, Personal Care, and Skilled Nursing services to senior adults.
We are seeking individuals whose values align with Wesley Enhanced Living's values of Grace, Honor, and Integrity.
Ideal candidates will be:
* Kind and Compassionate
* Honest and Trustworthy
* Committed to Moral and Ethical Principles
* Driven to Provide Enhanced Living to Our Residents
Wesley Enhanced Living is working to set a new paradigm in aging services by always doing the right thing and we need YOU to help us discover new ways to achieve this goal.
Discover the Art of Living and Working WEL
The Dining Manager II is responsible the effective and efficient oversight of dining room and food service operations in, and for assisting the General Manager with staff performance including the hiring, scheduling, training and retention of Food Servers, and Utility Workers, as well as coordination with Kitchen Production staff.
This position also maintains budgets and controls costs associated with staffing by controlling turnover of staff and by limiting the use of overtime and premium pay.
The Dining Manager II is committed to providing excellent service by increasing staff productivity, developing and maintaining programs to improve service excellence, enhancing resident and visitor satisfaction, and ensuring cross training and staff development.
The Dining Manager II's goal is to provide a full and enhanced dining experience to residents while maintaining budget goals and regulatory compliance.
Dining Manager II essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Maintains effective and efficient dining services, positive resident and visitor relations, and ensures products and staff services are consistent with quality and excellence standards.
* Assists Profit & Loss management by following cash control/security procedures, managing staffing and overtime budget, maintaining inventory controls, managing staff performance, reviewing financial reports, and taking appropriate actions
* Assists General Manager with Interviews, hires, training, supervision, and retention of qualified wait staff, hosts and utility workers to carry out the responsibilities of the community's dining services department.
* Develops and maintains staff schedules and work assignments.
* Completes employee performance appraisals on a timely basis.
* Maintains and corrects the job performance of employees through effective discipline.
* Complies with, supports, and enforces policies inclusive of safety and infection control procedures.
* Insures staff adheres to sanitation policies and regulations
* Directly supervises the delivery of food products and effective staff service to residents.
* Ensures food is received, stored, prepared, held and served in compliance with dining services procedures and state and federal guidelines.
* Purchases dietary food and supplies within assigned budgets and through company approved distribution sources and vendors.
* Ensures adherence to quality assurance processes by routinely auditing (i.e., meal service, dining, safety, sanitation, test tray, meal satisfaction, and clinical audits) the dietary areas.
* Must maintain Certification as a Dietary Manager (CDM)
Related Experience: 2-3 years of supervisory experience in a food service setting
Education or Degree Requirement: Minimum Associates Degree in Culinary or Hotel/Restaurant Mangement; or 2yrs experience in food service
Licenses, Certifications, Registrations: ServSafe Certification; Responsible Alcohol Management Program (RAMP) Certification; Certification as a Dietary Manager (CDM) required
Equal Opportunity Employer